Recent content by reefeditor

1. R

Rapidled Dimmable LED Retrofit for RSM 130D

No change in the core temperature of the water in the tank, however, I think the surface temperature has risen because I have noticed a higher rate of evaporation. So, I guess the answer to your question would be yes.
  2. R

Still no more problem with blue lights. Everything has functioned flawlessly beyond the one cycle where the blue lights did not come on. Puzzled, but relieved.
  3. R

What's going on with my zoas?

Thank you. Yes, they are transparent, and the ones on the side of liverock, the small group of them, grew spontaneously.
  4. R

Yes they are close to the circulation pump outlets. Moderately high flow. I lower them in the tank. Thanks for the advice!
  5. R

I have 27 3 watt cree leds in a Red Sea Max 130D. 14 blue and 13 white. Zoas are positioned at top of tank and have plenty of light. I have looked at the pinned post about zoas, and don't see anything that may indicate nudibranch infestation.
  6. R

My zoa colony seems to be ailing. Can anybody give me insight as to what is causing this to spread? The affected zoas are thin and wispy, and have taken on a grey, almost camouflage appearance.
  7. R

The LED's are part of a kit from Rapidled. The parts from China were the additional electronic supplies from Tayda Electronics, which is actually a Thai based company, and the 10v power supply I purchased from Ebay. Blue lights are still working, so I can't deduce what exactly occurred. The...
  8. R

The issue with the blue leds is intermittent. Upon coming home from work tonight, the blue leds are working again. Rapidled's response has been quick, so I am happy with that. I am relieved I don't have to reopen the hood at this point, but the intermittent failure is unsettling. I'll keep...
  9. R

13 days in and the driver for the blue leds has failed. Hopefully, Rapidled handles this properly and efficiently. Not to happy about having to disassemble the hood again.
  10. R

Equal parts blue and white Blue only
  11. R

After removing the flourescent ballast, I found there was not enough clearance to put the led drivers in. The timer relay was in the way. I removed the screws holding down the relay, but the flanged edges still looked like they could be a problem. I used a grinder to cut the flanged edges...
  12. R

All wired up: Blue and white potentiometers: Potentiometers set at dimmest setting: I'm out of town next weekend, so I'll do the tank install in two weeks. Lighting system built with Rapid Led kit and the hyperlinked supplies above. No other parts were needed.
  13. R

Blue light driver calibrated White light driver calibrated
  14. R

13 white leds mounted to heat sink: Instruction don't mention, but there are plastic washers being used as shims to separate back of led from heat sink: I screwed on with connectors facing back to back. I think it's designed to have leds screwed down on angle. Giving more clearance when...
  15. R

Baggerz13, I went with the stock kit, so I didn't change any out. I will arrange them on the heat sink soon. After I do, I'll take some pics. Some people have opted to go with more blue leds, but I figure I can tweak the light mix with the dimmers.