Recent content by PSU4ME

1. PSU4ME

OT: Happy Mother’s Day!

To all you wonderful mother’s out there, Happy Mother’s Day!!
  2. PSU4ME

Need some suggestions for new Skimmer

I’d be trying for some 20-30% water changes on a consistent basis to clean things up. Then the skimmer can maintain it
  3. PSU4ME

Have I killed my corals

I think I’d do a few changes while monitoring levels. Might be good to look at something like microbacter 7 to help things.
  4. PSU4ME

Oh yeah, forgot. WE NEED PICS!!!
  5. PSU4ME

You are more than welcome! I think your challenge here will be the space you have may be small/tight for the skimmer you need for your size tank. but, the reef octopus family of skimmers is where I think you will land, good value for sure
  6. PSU4ME

1400G outdoor koi pond / tank

Oh boy, I don’t even know what to say vs I’m following along! I love the above ground build, I usually see these in the ground for overwintering
  7. PSU4ME

How about the Regal 200SSS 8" Space Saving Protein Skimmer (VarioS) - Reef Octopus. If you can fit something in the neighborhood I think it would perform well.
  8. PSU4ME

Hello!

Welcome to RS!! Happy to help with the plumbing. What are you trying to incorporate?
  9. PSU4ME

Welcome back! Can you tell me a little bit about where you’ll place it, how much footprint room you have as well as height? In sump or out? And most importantly, budget! Ill wait for that until I make a recommendation but the reef octopus ones are a really good value and the new varios pumps...
  10. PSU4ME

Blue's 40G Mixed Reef

Tank looks super healthy! Flow is so important when trying to keep detritus suspended. I just added 4 mp40s to my tank so the flow is definitely rocking!
  11. PSU4ME

Looking for some guidance on my chemistry

What kind of salt are you using? Some big water changes with a quality salt should get things turned around for you, just don’t go too quick. Alk swings can be tough in corals.
  12. PSU4ME

Fleece Roller Filters and Red Sea v3 Sump

I hate filter socks so In my new sump, I’m sockless. It’s big enough that the detritus settles and the skimmer gets first crack at it. I just do water changes through the sump where I vacuum it out. Now for your question, I love the idea of them but I hear they jam so I’m assuming they need to...
  13. PSU4ME

HELP! Strange measurements in my water chemistry.

You can absolutely do a 100% change......especially in a fish only tank. Now if it were me, I’d do a few, 40-50% changes because it’s easier.
  14. PSU4ME

Douglas's Reefer 525XL Mixed Reef

Looks great. Whatcha got for a clean up crew in there?