Recent content by PghFishNerd

1. P

A Poorman's Pico: PGHfishnerd's 2 gal

I made some progress on the tank setup. I know it's been a long time, but I've hit a few roadblocks, including a job change and illness. Nonetheless, this is what I've come up with. I mounted the shelf above my tank last night. There's nothing too exciting about it except its got the light...
  2. P

A Poorman's Pico: PGHfishnerd's 2 gal

Hello friends! Long time, no see! I've been out of the hobby for I'd say... 3 years now. I'd been waiting til I had the time and money to restart one of my tanks (I had a 30 gallon reef and a 37 gallon seahorse tank) but I just can't stay away from the hobby any longer. Due to a lack of funds...
  3. P

New Puppy! (Pic Heavy)

Haha aw I love boxers! They're such goofballs. I can totally see one sinking because of a bird.
  4. P

New Puppy! (Pic Heavy)

Thanks so much! Bullies are definitely a rarity. The price tag says it all ($1,500) haha. He's a gorgeous boy and it's in the contract that we have to allow the breeder to show him and we can't have him neutered til he's 2 at the very earliest so they can use him as a stud. I'm not thrilled...
  5. P

New Puppy! (Pic Heavy)

My fiance and I finally got our puppy yesterday! :woohoo: We'd been visiting him and talking to the breeder for almost a month and we finally picked him up! He's a 10 week old Bull Terrier named Archie :). This guy is a little beasty. He's 20 lbs at 10 weeks old haha. He comes from...
  6. P

Macroalgae for Seahorse Tank

Thank you Matt. The 37 gallon column tanks seem pretty uncommon with reefers but is perfect for seahorses, so I'm having a hard time finding people who have dealt with stocking them before. Codium is my favorite macro (never had it, just love how it looks and probably makes an awesome hitch)...
  7. P

When I had two in my 25 gallon hex, it still seemed empty. This is a 37 gallon column. They were tiny at that point though. I haven't bought my lighting yet. I'm thinking about getting a Coralife Aqualight because it's cheap and there aren't many 20 inch lights out there.
  8. P

Livestock in 45g must go!!!

If you were in Pittsburgh, I'd want some of the live rock and/or shrooms depending on the price. If you're gonna be in the area, shoot me a PM.
  9. P

Hello Pony People! I recently had a leak in my 25 gallon seahorse tank and managed to find a great deal on a 37 gallon column tank. It's cycling right now and since I've had time to think about it, I've decided I'm done with the plastic plants and fake corals. Because I'm looking to keep it a...
  10. P

hi im her

That is absolutely precious. I don't think people know how sweet Dobes really are. :angel3:
  11. P

hi im her

You have a nice reef tank... AND a Dobe? Is that yours in your avatar? If so I'm so jealous!!!
  12. P

Help choosing a protein skimmer.

On a 29 Gal, I would definitely steer clear of the Coralife 65 Super Skimmer. I got the 125 used for 40 bucks, and on my 30 gallon it works decently, but it needs constant adjustment and overflowing is very common. When it's not overflowing, it's usually not skimming at all. When you do find...
  13. P

Babies!!!!!

Aw congrats! I love the fake urchins! Keep us updated!
  14. P

Fish Death Mystery

Puzzling. Do you maybe have stray voltage in the tank? Don't know if it's a viable guess though, because I think the inverts would be the first to go in that case. Just something to check on.
  15. P

Hi All~!

Hi There! Welcome to Reef Sanctuary! It's very cool that your family is sharing the responsibility and fun of your tank. Many of us here have family members who don't understand our crazy, expensive obsession. Have fun!:clink: