Recent content by newsalty300

1. newsalty300

Turbo snails dying???

Yesterday I bought 10 large turbo snails for my tank. I acclimated them slowly like I was told to do. At first they were all doing great. Moving all over and feasting on algae. Today none of them are moving at all. They have all retreated to their shells and won't come out. My water parameters...
  2. newsalty300

Ok, I posted a pic. The tank is not very impressive, pretty empty, but the way it's built into the wall is. There's a small room with a large utility sink behind the tank. The tank has a corner overflow and was drilled on the bottom to filter through a wet/dry trickle with a small 30g sump. I...
  3. 300g Fish-Only Tank

300g Fish-Only Tank

This is my 300g tank in the basement. It came with the house my fiance and I just bought. Only one fish, a 12 in panther grouper.
  4. newsalty300

I'm too embarrassed to send a pic. The previous homeowner took all his coral skeletons with when he moved out. He only left me a couple small barnacle clusters. The tank is virtually empty, looks pretty lame. I would love to add some live rock but can't afford it right now. The tank is 3 ft tall...
  5. newsalty300

Hello everyone I just want to say that I look forward to learning as much as possible from everyone here. My girlfriend and I recently bought a house that has a 300 gallon fish only setup in the finished basement. With no previous experience and terrible water quality it has been quite a...