Recent content by nanoposeiden

1. N

ICK! Please advise...

Final update for this thread, the fish came out of quarantine after 8 weeks and have been doing great back in the main tank. We lost our Diamond Goby as well as the Six Line in QT. Six Line due to unknown reasons and the Goby jumped out. :( We have another Diamond Goby in QT now but we will...
  2. N

ICK! Please advise...

Just a quick update. The fish are doing fine after two weeks of treatment with copper and Maracyn. I've been trying to keep to doing 2 gallon daily water changes but there's been a couple days I skipped. I'm using Prime to keep the ammonia from causing any problems and I'm starting the fish...
  3. N

ICK! Please advise...

All of the fish are in QT and the DT has only inverts and corals. The goby, wrasse, and two clownfish are in the 10g with a small power filter, koralia #1, heater, airstone, a 6 inch section of PVC, and a plastic fish decoration made to look like live rock. Meanwhile, the tang has his own 20g...
  4. N

ICK! Please advise...

Thanks for the response Rich! I didn't think about the Prime, I still have a bottle from when I was using tap water. Fortunately, the goby does eat pellet food and mysis so I think he will be fine. One thing I have noticed though is it's going to be next to impossible to use the API test...
  5. N

ICK! Please advise...

Well, unfortunately.. it looks like I was alittle too anxious to get my latest addition into the display tank. My new six-line wrasse was in QT for only a week and I didn't look closely enough before giving him a clean bill of health. Under the big lights I immediately noticed that he had a...
  6. N

Brown Algae on Rocks (not Diatom)

Bump... any idea what type of Algae this is and if I should do anything differently to get rid of it? I've heard that turning the lights off for a few days can take care of alot of issues, but I'm hesitant now that I have the zoo's and a new anemone. I don't want him to let go and float into a...
  7. N

Brown Algae on Rocks (not Diatom)

Hey guys, I've been fighting an Algae problem for the past few months and it's not getting better very quickly so I thought I would post some pictures here for some opinions and ideas: First some parameters: The nitrate has been on a downward slope since doing a large water change January...
  8. N

New 55g FOWLR - First Tank / Post

55G Reef Tank - First Tank So where do I begin, it's been awhile since I've posted anything to this thread. The tank has been coming along nicely since last year. I've fallen in love with the hobby and I've expanded my goals beyond the FOWLR tank into a full reef tank. The process is slow...
  9. Young Zoanthid Colony Under Actinic

Young Zoanthid Colony Under Actinic

This is my first coral in my 55G reef tank. Over the past month it has doubled in size. This picture was taken in the morning before the main daylight bulbs had turned on. This picture is untouched and was taken from a Canon 450D (Rebel XSi) with the standard lens and a UV filter.
  10. N

Dosing B-Ionic in 55G Reef - 2oz a day too much?

Calcium was 420 tonight! Alkalinity 8 dkh. :)
  11. N

I dosed 2oz of each part last night and also added 2oz of Reef Complete. I had a very minor snowstorm for about 60 seconds, so I may have overdone it a bit on the calcium.. I'll test it again tonight and hopefully I should be seeing elevated levels. The alkalinity has been pretty stable at...
  12. N

Thanks for the response. I just checked MAG using a Red Sea test and it was 1300.
  13. N

I recently purchased new lights and a large order of dried out base rock from bulkreef, as well as a new Zoanthid rock. I've been doing twice a month %25 water changes and I've switched to a new salt. (Red Sea, IO salt had 300ppm cal and 1000ppm mag at 1.025) For the past several weeks my...
  14. N

Hippo Tang Nicked Tail - Diet or Bully?

Looks like the Zoe and Nori are starting to help. His tail seems to be growing back, finally.
  15. N

Hippo Tang Nicked Tail - Diet or Bully?

Here is an update: The Tang is eating the nori now without hesitation. His tail is still taking it's time healing, but the pits in front of his eyes have mostly disappeared. I'm also soaking the flakes and mysis in Zoe now before feeding. I have always used a tea strainer to rinse off my...