Recent content by NanoGeek13

1. N

Finally Got a Bigger Tank! Need Suggestions.

Got water in it and its running, still unsure if I want to "combine" all at once or let tank cycle first?
  2. N

Lighting Question?

I see, thanks!
  3. N

Lighting Question?

Please explain to me how better reflectors=double the wattage+some? Is the biggest diference in the ballast?
  4. N

1/4 HP Chiller for a 30 gallon tank

I dont run chillers on my 28g Nanocubes.
  5. N

Still an issue

Skimmer!!!
  6. N

Lighting Question?

What do you guys think about the Current USA Nova Extreme 8x54w T5HO fixture? There is a local guy selling one for 150 bucks doesnt come with legs and the bulbs are old the guy said but they work. Is it worth it for 150? I assume bulbs would run about 20 bucks each right?
  7. N

Lighting Question?

Do you run the 6 bulb or 8 bulb?
  8. N

Lighting Question?

Scratch that, did a search no point in buying this unless you replace the ballasts and bulbs so when its all said and done you could just get a good fixture. Still awaiting other cost effective good fixture suggestions.
  9. N

Lighting Question?

How about this Odyssea 48 inch Metal Halide Fixture 2x250W HQI + 4x54W T5 +6xDual LED for 300 bucks it seems like a good deal anyone have expeiriance with these? I read up on the fire thing and from what I've read the problem was with the older ballasts.
  10. N

Lighting Question?

Ok so looks like I'm gonna pass on this then I do not want a fire and the LED is worthless. Thanks Big Al! Now can you point me in the right direction of say a decent 6x54w fixture or something else capable of keeping SPS and clams? I'm not going to set this up for about two months so I'm not in...
  11. N

Lighting Question?

What if I were to get just the 4x54w T5HO and pick up another say 2x54w T5HO, would this be sufficient for SPS/Clams?
  12. N

Lighting Question?

I will not pick this up if it is not worth it. I do want to keep some SPS but mostly a clam. Any other suggestions?
  13. N

Lighting Question?

So the T5HO is worthless too? I would be getting them both for 150 bucks. Thanks for the responses.
  14. N

Lighting Question?

So I am suppose to pick these up after work today, are you saying that I should pass on this for 150 bucks? I thought this would be a good upgrade going from 4x65w PC to 4x54w T5HO and the LED? I've read that many people have sucess using t5ho with good bulbs.
  15. N

Lighting Question?

Here is a PAR reading test that aquanerd.com did for the Marineland LED Reef capable fixture using a Apogee Quantum MQ-200 PAR Meter Marineland Reef Capable LED PAR Numbers | AquaNerd Average reading of 75 PAR at 24" 247 PAR at 6"