Recent content by music man

1. M

DIY from a commerical MH unit ?

I priced all the parts and pieces to assemble a light from commercial grade parts and the cost was only slightly less after I found the correct spectrum bulb and balast to power it, that turned my idea down since I then need to assemble the unit, protect the parts from corrosion and make it...
  2. M

What is it

Nereis limbata; try this link! Phylum Annelida - Gulf Specimen Marine Laboratories
  3. M

featherduster and sponge. maybe?

These are indeed quite common, ordinary hitch hiking feather dusters. quite often the tube is actually in the rock to make the animal feel even safer. both are quite beneficial to a natural reef.
  4. M

What would you do?

cancel payment and donate to my LFS. different conditions might apply depending on specific situation.
  5. M

Fish Size

I should leave this alone since there is realy no answer but... with perfect conditions such as food and environmental concerns. After the first 3-6 months a great deal of fish will double in size annually for the first few years till they reach adulthood, some slow down and some stop and start...
  6. M

Something coming out of my brain - what is it??

it looks like it's secreting a slime coat or other type of protective excretion, I don't have much of a brain for brains though you might want to look into what type of protective chemicals a brain releases perhaps it's waging war with some less conspicuious coral in the tank. Somethings...
  7. M

Possible Mantis or Pistol Shrimp

this is a litle info on the diff between the 2 species. The Pistol Shrimp may also be called Symbiosis Shrimp and Snapping Shrimp. The sound it makes comes from an appendage on the pincher which moves when the pincher is opened or closed and water is ejected. The Pistol Shrimp can be easily...
  8. M

Peppermint Shrimp are Evil!

sounds like a camel shrinp? show a pic of shrimp?
  9. M

I want to go see this tank

Parris France? I think. Welcome!
  10. M

Live rock Mixing formula? aragoconcrete?

I am setting up my 200g into a reef. my first real reef; I want to make it without anything being removed from nature especially things like Live rock and coral. My biggest question is does anyone have a good tested formula for mixing an aragonite concrete mixture and making Live rock; I know...
  11. M

Fish Focus - Skunk Clownfish

mine jumped out of the litle 5" hole in the top of my tank and died I guess it got lonely being with just 2 GR chromis I found it dried up on the back of the tank.:cry1: :cry1:
  12. M

Another help pick my fish thread

I second the Chromis, chromis veridis blue or green. get 3 or 5 or 10?? of them for a nice school to dither around and hurt nothing.
  13. M

which fish is the hardiest?

moray eel doesnt even need water they can live anywhere in mudflats or in fresh water they can eat anything from meat to fruit and grasses, they can live atleast 24 hrs without water even dried up starting to get "crunchy" (trust me I know) and make a full recovery in no time. but.. they...
  14. M

What is your fav. fish

all around fav. blue chromis. I know booring... but there are just no faults to be had with these hardy, community fishes, it will get along with almost anything that doesnt want to eat it. but the snow moray is more interresting. the clowns are cute and the tangs are flashy and atractive...
  15. M

adding damsels

add the most timid fishes first and the more territorial last, maybe somewhere there is a list on the nature of fish like on a 1-10 scale to make it easier for these decisions, i don't know. some fish are just not compatible./ anyone seen a good list?