Recent content by Millie

1. Millie

I WAS doing so good........

My RSM (34 gal) has been set up since January, everything was doing great. I went on vacation and had a sitter take care of my tank for a week. I assume she was feeding pretty heavy. I came home and there was a thick green blanket of algae all over what used to be very white sand. Here's a...
  2. Millie

Alien In My Tank!

Boy, you guys are good! So is a shield Limpet good or bad?
  3. Millie

Alien In My Tank!

HELP! I found this in my tank and have no idea what it is. It is very black on the edges with sort of a donut in the center. Looks like in the very center it is trying to develop some sort of shell. I have never seen this before. It IS mobile. thanks
  4. Millie

Skimmer Advice !

I have a RSM 34 gallon & I put my skimmer on a timer since it was so loud. Seems to do fine. I do plan on upgrading soon tho
  5. Millie

new to saltwater tanks - need help with salinity

I threw my red sea hydrometer in the trash. couldn't read the thermometer & salt reading was off too.
  6. Millie

Trusted websites for coral?

I just got an order from Coral Fanatics. I like his selection & prices.
  7. Millie

Turning Lights On in the Morning

RSM 34 gallon - I've recently installed a desk lamp that comes on an hour before my tank lights do. I thought it was a good idea, seems like the bright light coming on all at once was a bit much. Think this helps, or it really doesn't matter? THX
  8. Millie

Cheapest Zoanthids?

Coral Fanatics! I just got a shipment, very fair deal!!
  9. Millie

One lovely tank

UNbelievable! I want to snorkle in your tank.
  10. Millie

What kind of fish do YOU have in your RSM130

Percula Clown Purple firefish 2 spot goby Hawkfish green wrasse several crabs & snails (CUC)
  11. Millie

Tunze 9002 Skimmer in RSM 130D

I'm ready to make the switch too! I have a 130d and have had problems with the skimmer from day one. it's noisy and i have to constantly adjust the air. do you guys think the Tunze 9002 is the best alternative in the 130d? I want to buy the best one.
  12. Millie

Coral Fanatics

Has anybody heard of or used Coral Fanatics? They seem to have cheaper shipping, at least they give you an option of overnite or 2-day. I'd think that 2-day may be OK for some zoas??
  13. Millie

Marine Depot, Foster and Smith, AquaCave, Champion Lighting

I've been ordering from Foster & Smith for a million years now... probably paid somebody's car off, in any case I've been completely satisfied with them. Recently used Marine Depot and they seem to be good as well.
  14. Millie

Bright colors or soft muted colors??

I recently set up a 34 gallon RedSea Max and although I'm pretty satisfied with the way it's shaping up, my colors are pretty safe, soft and muted. I didn't want to look like a Christmas so I picked soft greens and oranges. Now I'm looking at some of the colorful zoas, I'm wondering if I...
  15. Millie

My RSM130D Photo Diary

you mentioned a while back about catching your tangs when they get too big.... how do you plan to catch them?:smack: