Recent content by Megabyte

1. M

Micro Bubbles

I just installed in my Biocube 29 a Sapphire Aquatics skimmer. The directions say for the first week leave the gate valve all the way down. This is the break in period. My question is : How do I stop the skimmer from creating micro bubbles when to start I didn't have any. Will this harm my...
  2. M

dust particals

Mine are just specks. I turned off my power head i bought. They still swirl around but not as great of number. Mine do not stick to algae nor are they congregating or getting trapped in the outflow vents. They do not have legs. It appears to me that it is dirt specks floating around. I keep...
  3. M

dust particals

I dont think mine are alive. Mine are just floating and swiriling around and around. It doesnt stick to the glass or anything How do you know that they are live?
  4. M

dust particals

I feed my clowns and cleanup shrimp (Larry) every other night. Frozen Mysis shrimp. I am mindful as to not feed them too much b/c of the cloudyness of water can get. My water is not milky. Clear with white specks I stopped my power head. I have yet to see it improve. The head was pointed...
  5. M

dust particals

My biocube 29gal has been running for about a month. I have had an ongoing problem with white specks and dust floating around. It seems to be cycling thru all chambers. How can I rid myself of it? My two clownfish want nothing to do with it....... Looks like a cloudy snowstorm 35lbs live rock...
  6. M

skunk

Clean with straight (not diluted) tomato juice, tomato sauce, ketchup, anything with tomatoes. The acid in the tomatoes neutralizes skunk urine. or try professional cleaning ppl esp if its in your furniture. Good luck Megabyte
  7. M

How Do You Catch Damsels Without Tearing Your Reef Apart?

Construct this.......................... l__l use pvc pipes. Then wrap window screen around it creating a corral. Basically your making a fish net larger with no chance to escape on top, bottom or sides. Then you can chase them in the corral and then lift them out with your net Megabyte
  8. M

Frogspawn not looking so hot! any suggestions???

I have one too. Its doing just as poorly.
  9. M

Sapphire Aquatics BC29

I have a Biocube 29. I bought a protein skimmer specifically for Biocube. cost $49.99. I find that no matter how I set the air flow, adjust the water level, or relocate it in chambers........ it doesn't do a thing other than to collect tea colored water with the the lid popping off all the time...
  10. M

Distilled water?

"near 28748" ???
  11. M

Some cost calculations - starting a reef in Shanghai

I am very new to this hobby. I agree with what the others have said. The blind leading the blind....... no way. There is too much life at stake and alot of money to keep everyone alive. I'll learn from those who have real experience. As a consumer I will do comparative shopping........ still...
  12. M

Distilled water?

I filled my tank with my well water supply of which has 2 filters. When I make my water changes I plan on using the distilled. I'll check walmart. I'd like to buy water in those 5 gal drinking water containers that are tipped upside down in a water thingy'. 5 gal jugs are easier to store...
  13. M

Distilled water?

Isn't distilled water actually spring water?? e.g. Poland spring water in a bottle? :swmfish:
  14. M

Eggs from a clownfish?

Seems such a waste. I guess my rescue efforts will fail. I'll read more about it Megabyte
  15. M

Eggs from a clownfish?

I just have the basic accommodations ............. what happens if I hatch baby clowns? What would I do?