Recent content by McTeague

1. McTeague

shovelnose catfish

I am done arguing about unknowns if the open every specifies what he has I will resume the discussion. I still think the zomg four feet 300 gallon lima reached 12" in a yearwhargarble hilarious.
  2. McTeague

shovelnose catfish

9" is a typical full grown size for a Lima in captivity maybe 10-12 Max. Sorry if the truth hurts the typeof shovelnose matters there are even smaller varities than Lima. Post a pic.
  3. McTeague

shovelnose catfish

Lol so much misinformation in the thread! I have had many types of these fish you need to identify the type. What does it look like? Post a pic. If it is a Lima it is fully grown and is a great variety.
  4. McTeague

RSM Noisy?

Make an air intake muffler out of a film cannister.
  5. McTeague

dismayed & discouraged

Do not give up!
  6. McTeague

Most Effective - Refugium or Fluidised Reactor?

Do not feed flakes that is a big part of the problem. Use high quality frozen foods like PE Mysis or home made stuff. Ceramic rings gotta go they are not appropriate, they act as a substrate for aerobic bacteria growth which ultimately results in additional nitrates once the aerobic bacteria...
  7. McTeague

Feed less, reduce lighting, manual removal, chemical filtration such as polyfilter or chemipure. Increased water change frequency. Adding purified water instead of tap. Using newer bulbs in light fixtures. These are the typical suggestions. In my opinion the most important of them all is to...
  8. McTeague

Aren't we all lol. If only it was that simple... Fluidized bed will be easier to maintain long term. They are two totally different systems really not comparable.
  9. McTeague

"DIY" Glass Media Reactor help

Lol that looks strangely familiar...
  10. McTeague

Six line Wrasse compatibility

From what I have heard it is best to put the sixline in the tank last. Three fish is plenty for a little tank like a 29 hex anyways.
  11. McTeague

Poop!

A temporary solution would be to stir the water close to the sand with a dip net to get the poop up in the water column and then scoop the poop. I like to call this manual skimming lol.
  12. McTeague

GloFish®

I would also say it is unpossible to acclimate a Danio to saltwater.
  13. McTeague

New to Forum

Welcome! Looks like the fish die within a day or two, what is your acclimation method?
  14. McTeague

Candy Cane coral hitchiker

looks like a sponge but hard to tell
  15. McTeague

GloFish®

They are delicious...