Recent content by Mayja

1. Mayja

Fleece Roller Filters and Red Sea v3 Sump

Exactly. I'm over cleaning filter socks. Cost is not a problem.
  2. Mayja

Fleece Roller Filters and Red Sea v3 Sump

Greetings! I’m investigating the possibility of installing a fleece roller filter into my Red Sea 525xl v3 sump. I know that the cup holders are too narrow for the Klir to just drop in. Has anyone successfully fitted a Klir or Clarisea fleece roller filter into this type of sump without...
  3. Mayja

MAYJA AND HUTCH'S RSR 525XL REEF ADVENTURE

Since February 9, 2019, our tank has been void of fish due to an ich outbreak that wiped out the tank. On May 26th, after standing fallow for over three months, we added the following: Foxface Rabbitfish Royal Gramma Basslet 2 Onyx Percula Clowns Orange Diamondback Goby I took these pictures...
  4. Mayja

I added a blue hippo tang to the main tank the week after Christmas. She was a new baby from LiveAquaria, about 1.25 inches long. She was healthy, happy, and eating for about three weeks. Then she started acting strangely - hiding out in caves when she used to openly swim the whole tank. One...
  5. Mayja

I've added chaeto to the refugium. Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
  6. Mayja

On Sunday, @Hutch and I went to the pet store and brought home our fish and corals that were boarded since October 9th. We're so happy to have them home, and they love their new home. Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
  7. Mayja

@Hutch worked most of the day to build a controller board for the tank. It hides a ton of cables and gets the outlets up so it's less likely they'll get wet. I love it - like you couldn't tell from my cheesy selfie. Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
  8. Mayja

What's really awesome is that we got the V3 sump with the new plumbing arrangement and optional refugium! Not everything is wired up yet. The skimmer is only in there to test the height. Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
  9. Mayja

Having an RSR 525XL tank was completely unintentional. We had no plans to purchase a new tank. But after our RSR 450 was dropped during the move to our new house, we had an opportunity present itself. This is not all the live rock as the rest of it is still being hosted at the pet store along...
  10. Mayja

Mayja's RSR 450 Reef Adventure!

Introducing the RSR 525XL. This marks the end of my RSR 450 thread, as I am starting over again. I'll be starting a new thread soon. Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
  11. Mayja

I am happy to report that my new tank was successfully moved this past Wednesday. Moby Dick Pet Store showed up with a crew of five guys, including Gary, one of the co-owners, to move the tank. They used dollys, ramps, and specially purchased four of those suction glass handles to lift the tank...
  12. Mayja

We visited the fish at the store on Wednesday. They all made it, and are happy and eating. The corals and live rock are fine as well. It's allowing me to breathe a bit easier. The new tank shipped yesterday. Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
  13. Mayja

Greetings fellow reefers, Here is the update on my tank move for my Red Sea Reefer 450: TLDR version: they dropped the sump. And then they dropped the main tank. Both shattered. I'm heartbroken. They're buying me a new tank and sump. Continue reading for the in-depth saga. *** When I...
  14. Mayja

Maxspect Glaive G4-M80 LED Light

Bump! Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
  15. Mayja

Moby Dick Pet Store in Waterford will do the move! We're scheduled for 10/9. Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk