Recent content by mathewbristow

1. M

Red Sea max Protein Skimmer issue - air intake

I have the same problem with my130d it happens every 2-3 months and has done for the past 3 years or so I use the drill bit method and works great I've never had to replace the intake you don't even need to use a drill just screw the drill bit in with your fingers. it would be nice to eliminate...
  2. M

Green BTA only coming out at night

Thanks reeferzack Its definitely eating the food that I give it I haven't seen it throw any back up do you think twice weekly feeds are too much? Its growing heaps and looking great and it split last week and both are doing really well is there anything extra I need to do because of it...
  3. M

Coral id :)

I took a better pic and counted way more than 12 tentacles so it must be goniopora http://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r746/mathewbristow/IMG_20130902_160855_zpsa1d2c292.jpg
  4. M

Thanks Mike I'm feeding it twice weekly with shrimp and the tips that are poking out when the lights are on are bright green so I'm hoping it will come out in the day eventually. Cheers mate Mat.
  5. M

Thanks mike I've researched goinopora and refuse to buy it but unfortunately i bought the alveopora before knowing what it was lesson learnt :( Should I take it back to my lfs or do do you have any tips for me to keep it alive? Thanks for your quick reply Mat.
  6. M

Hi could someone please Id this coral for me I pretty much had it given to me from my local lfs because of a mis placed order and would like to research it so I can give it a good life I really don't like purchasing them before I know what they are but it was too nice to leave behind for the...
  7. M

Great Barrier Reef’s condition declined from moderate to poor in 2011

Well said Mrsalt I totally agree. It's so sad what's happening to reefs around the world and I think we can all help out in buying aquacultured corals and fish to prolong our precious reefs :)
  8. M

Scandinavian skinny-dippers warned of testicle-biting fish

Ohh that could cause a lot of damage lol.
  9. M

Hi all I purchased a a green BTA about 3 weeks ago it and it moved straight under a rock and stayed there for 2 weeks so I flipped the rock over so it could get more light but it only extends at night as soon as the lights come on it shrivels up Rsm 130d with standard lighting Nitrite 0 Nitrate...
  10. M

Hi I'm new to RS looking forward to some discussions and posting some pics :)
  11. M

What fish to finish off my Red Sea max 130?

Nice looking tank, love the flame angel.