Recent content by marineflake

1. M

Sick anemone?

So it looks like you have found the issue. Looking at the photos, I can't see any other tank mates, lots of empty shells though. A couple common nitrate sources come to mind. First, over feeding. Most people tend to over feed their tanks and over a period of time, 6 months to a year, end up with...
  2. M

375 Gallon Restoration

If you don't mind the question, how much was this tank/stand deal? It has definitely inspired me to reconsider some of the items I have seen lately.
  3. M

Help!

You should check to make sure the rock won't slide again. Rock slides can cause tanks to break, so consider yourself lucky. I would make sure that none of the rock is against any of the walls of the tank or re-arrange the rock how you like making sure to epoxy the rock if there is instability...
  4. M

Before and After tank crash.

Nice recovery. I hope you were able to nail down what ever caused your first tank to go belly up.
  5. M

Strange Occillaris behaviour

Not a great shot, but eggs generally look like this...
  6. M

BTA moved somewhere I cannot feed or see

Whats the latest?
  7. M

Can I put two of the same anemones together ???

While I don't see a tank size in this thread, 5g tank is not enough tank for a 'nem, I agree.
  8. M

Can I put two of the same anemones together ???

Having personally done just this, no issues. 3 clowns, 2 orange percs + 1 b/w Oc. 4 'nems, 1 GBTA, 3 RBTA (Orginally 2, one split) all from different stores, suppliers, etc.
  9. M

Rose BTA losing tentacles D;

5g tank + 'nem. Fail.
  10. M

Huge chunk of salt crystal fell on my anemone

I keep multiple BTAs, they are potentially the most hardy desirable 'nem you can find. They put up with a lot more than people give credit, however, salt is really acidic and can give a good chemical burn to the critters in the tank if they come in direct contact. Thats one of the reasons why...
  11. M

Low Tide - Malibu, CA 12/02/09

Dude, those photos are awesome! Thanks SO much for sharing!
  12. M

BRAND new to Saltwater - Need all sorts of help! =)

Not many, could be 3 or 4 gobies, maybe as few as one or two clowns (percula's). To start with, when you say freshwater, do you mean tap water? Marine applications will require a source of filtered water and a synthetic salt mix (Instant Ocean, Reef Crystals, Oceanic, etc). Your source water...
  13. M

Reef Clubs

Contact the folks here WTMRAC They are a local club in W. Tenn USA, very friendly and I am willing to bet, very happy to hand out some pointers.
  14. M

BTA moved somewhere I cannot feed or see

Good to hear, more often than not, its just the nem starting its usual routine of maybe deflating to, shall we say, relieve itself or maybe its finally gathered the energy to go find a new home, a spot where it will be happier. Either way, moving after 10 - 30 days of being first introduced...