Recent content by Luke Smith

1. L

RSM S 500

Got my evergrow IT5012 light today I’m really impressed so far with it, anyone else using one?
  2. L

RSM S 500

Thank you...... I bet I can understand that
  3. L

RSM S 500

Been away a little bit and what’s changed... lots my son was born a week ago and yesterday I swiped over to the 650. Wow I thought it would be easy man I was wrong with the heat and then breaking my refractometer and picking one up at 9pm I finally finished at 2am this morning.... tank is clear...
  4. L

RSM S 500

I’m running a fmr75 with Rowaphos in at the moment thenSiporax 25mm rings and bio filter balls in a eggcrate, I’m picking up a load of rock later I think they’ll be enough for the DT then do I just load up the big section of the left of the sump, I Sean Shaun had 2 big bricks in his sump with...
  5. L

RSM S 500

Morning Been a little slow on progress as partner is due to have our baby any moment, I so think get time yesterday evening to get rid of the silicon from the base of the sump that had been put in and the plastic partition that caused the silicone to fail this morning I’m going to fill the sump...
  6. L

RSM S 500

Ok thank you
  7. L

RSM S 500

Well iv had ups and downs since all my issues but things are stable now.... but..... Iv been offered a redsea s 650 somthing I was looking to go too a little sooner than I wanted but I can’t say no, my magnificent fox face killed my unicorn tang by biting is eye and then drawing blood on his...
  8. L

Algae reactor

Thank you for the feedback I’m just wanting to build a setup that’s more natural and iv seen a lot of people saying this is a good way to good with useing algae and this unit keeps showing up in tank threads, what other algae refugium would you recommend?
  9. L

Algae reactor

Hi I’m thinking of getting a ITC ALR1 Marine Algae Light Reactor Refugium what’s people’s thoughts on them?
  10. L

HELP! Ammonia

Thank you Dave a lot what you said is very good information.. iv done a partial water change yesterday and ammonia is at 0 now I will check again tomorrow to monitor it. Cycle wise I went down the colony route advised from my LFS that said they did the same route as I was going to do so do...
  11. L

HELP! Ammonia

I followed many peoples advice and dived in on the Colony route and added fish all seamed ok, looking back I’d done things different and feel I’m dealing with the cycle of the tank, Tank has tmc bio rock in with 15kg of live rock Fish 2 clowns small Yellow tang small Blue spot tang 3 inch...
  12. L

HELP! Ammonia

Iv brought this- sera Siporax Ceramic Rings Filter Media 25mm Pond/Aquarium Use (600g (3 litres)) And Sera Siporax Bio Active Professional Biological Aquarium Filter Media Remove NO2, NO3, NH4 (210g - 400L of water) But I know this will take time to start as there will be no bio yet, I’m doin...
  13. L

HELP! Ammonia

Iv been struggling with ammonia levels it’s now at 1.2 fish are ok at the moment..... il be carrying out a sump water change today Ok the tank has been running 3 months, I went the colony route I’m putting in BIO s to reduce the amonia but I can’t seam to get a handle on it What can I use to...
  14. L

RSM S 500

Really not nice losing those fish but harsh lessons learned..... For the 500 tank would you use 2 of hydra 26s or 2 of the others?
  15. L

RSM S 500

Been through abit of a dark time with my tank I lossed my Gold rim tang 2 clowns A coral beauty Dragonet I had ammonia in the tank and then found my refractometer was out too.... so slowly getting back to some normality...... I’m looking at lighting currently I have TMC v2 1200 luminaries, A...