Recent content by Limpits Reef

1. Limpits Reef

Glassblower looking for trades

Has anyone heard from GlassMunky? I had him make me a feeding tube as a sample to show my reef club what kind of work he did. Tube was fantastic and I had a lot of interest from others in the club to put together a good size order. I then tried to contact him several times but never received...
  2. Limpits Reef

Need Help with building a stand!!!!

This is one stand that I built. Simple look but here's something interesting, it has not one single 2x4 on it. It is all 3/4" plywood build with an "on end" design. Not a plan if you cannot keep things squared up but it is very lightweight. I have build many stands this way as large as 72"x24"...
  3. Limpits Reef

magnessium

Raising magnesium with just Epsom Salts will also raise your sulfates in the tank over time. Going with the magnesium chloride hexahydrate and magnesium sulfate heptahydrate is a better option IMO.
  4. Limpits Reef

Anyone seen this glue on ebay?

The Loctite brand gel is a 4 gram tube. The IC gel is a 20 gram tube, much larger size.
  5. Limpits Reef

Anyone seen this glue on ebay?

I just bought the same glue and size for $4.20 a tube on a group buy from my reef club but don't know where they got it from.
  6. Limpits Reef

Going Low Tech

I am of the thinking that the less mechanical and electrical items you have the lesser the chance of something malfunctioning. Gadgets sometimes make a tank easier to run, when they are working correctly! Just my opinion.
  7. Limpits Reef

Help!!! Tank over fed while I was on vacation;(

+1 water changes, water changes, water changes are in order
  8. Limpits Reef

The LFS just ripped me off is this a derasa clam

I have kept my Crocea on the bottom of my 90 with T-5 lighting for over 3 years now. I do have 8 54 watt bulbs running on Icecap ballasts though so they are being over driven. Clam and all SPS are very happy. BTW, $40 for that clam is NOT a rip off.
  9. Limpits Reef

this makes no sense

Have you checked the blue prefilter that these overflows have? Any bends or dips in the tubing running from the overflow to the sump?
  10. Limpits Reef

Tips for pump noise reduction?

Silicone hot pads cut down and placed under the pump work for me. Also a short piece of flexible tubing between the pump and your return line will help acting as a vibration absorber.
  11. Limpits Reef

Lifeguard Aqua Step UV Sterilzer?

A lot of people use Rainbow Lifegard products. While I never have I have heard some good things about them. Your sure your friend got the entire UV unit and not just the bulb? The bulbs sell for around the price you are talking. If it is the entire unit and it is brand new I would snatch up...
  12. Limpits Reef

Loud Tank! Driving Me Nuts!

could you post some pictures of your setup and plumbing? It would be easier to suggest possible solutions if we could see what you are talking about.
  13. Limpits Reef

Sea Flo MaxiJet Mod noise

Powerhead Supplies: Algae Free Sure Grip Magnetic Powerhead Holder