Recent content by Lewis N Sophie

1. Lewis N Sophie

My LED lighting seems very "Dim" in comparison to MHa's

Hi Al, thanks for the reply. I bought a commercial unit mainly due to not having an electronically minded bone in my body :) I think I have two further requirements. One to add some visible light during the day (any links to the fixtures you refer to?). The second is to add some actinic/blue...
  2. Lewis N Sophie

Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed response. I did research quite a lot about how much lighting to replace my MH's with based on the size of my tank and the corals I do keep and would keep in the future. My question is around visible light and brightness rather than...
  3. Lewis N Sophie

Eel/Fish hitchhiker?

That's awesome guys, thanks for the quick ID. I have to be honest, it had me completely stumped, I was reading biology journals on line and all-sorts to try and find it. Should've known to just ask Mack! Thanks again!
  4. Lewis N Sophie

As you can see, the soft corals on the left and right have a focused white point of light and the rest is dim. Since installing, there seems to be a green and red cyano outbreak which I've not suffered from in some time, I'm assuming these are low-light loving algaes? Thanks again Lewis
  5. Lewis N Sophie

Hi, I've just replaced my arcadia 2*250w metal halides + 2 T5's with: 4 TMC Aquaray 1000HD (2* Reef white, 2*Marine white) and 2 * Reef white Aquaray 600 strips. Not impressed so far is probably an understatement. My metal halides gave a broad spread of yellow to white light with the T5's...
  6. Lewis N Sophie

Eel/Fish hitchhiker?

Really weird huh? No idea what it eats although I was going to give him some cyclops or artemia and some nori to see which it has a go at first. Pretty fast though and disappears for days before coming back. Seems diurnal but who really knows. I've only seen the video so far, if I see it in the...
  7. Lewis N Sophie

Eel/Fish hitchhiker?

A friend of mine has a fluval edge nano tank which pretty much has a fish and some liverock with a couple of small corals. Nothing new has been added since I gave him some xenia months ago. He now has this: YouTube - ‪What the hell is this??‬‏ Not something I've ever seen before. Any...
  8. Lewis N Sophie

Poisinous mystery zoa?

Striped sand anemone? Striped sand anemones on the Shores of Singapore
  9. Lewis N Sophie

A slow beginning

You know my mrs too?:ignore:
  10. Lewis N Sophie

Stupid Mistake - Question?

It'll clear or settle. Equally, it's early in the tank life - just do a few water changes (or two big ones). I wouldn't overly worry at all. :welcomera
  11. Lewis N Sophie

Next fish

Haven't you only just got a Betta a couple of days ago? I'd be waiting a while and then seriously considering whther you can cater for the animals you're contemplating.. Just my 2p/cents (woo internationally compliant)
  12. Lewis N Sophie

Nem in a 250

I have one, depends why you want it I guess?!
  13. Lewis N Sophie

Friend or Foe?

On the top of the rock it looks like....aiptasia - Google Search
  14. Lewis N Sophie

2 500 gallon tanks, 1 reef, 1 fowlr

April fools day is only until midday, after which - the person who has played the prank is "the fool". I'm going by the board times ;) My understanding is that the US doesn't play by the proper rules and the jokes last all day (?), pah! :)
  15. Lewis N Sophie

Pomacentrus alleni (neon damsel) spawned!

might be a little late.. this thread is from last year