Recent content by ktakeda

1. K

Bogwood for seahorse tank

Thanks, definitely no bogwood then!!! Thanks for the seahorse.org link. Brilliant, really good rating system for what is and isn't seahorse-friendly. I'll get the seahorses settled first though, before I start adding anything :) Thanks, Kenji
  2. K

Thanks, I'll ditch the Bogwood then! Sure, think I'll just go for a tank with live rock and keep it simple. Cheers, kenji
  3. K

Have I got enough Live Rock?

I have 18kg of LR. I had less but it was actually hard to aquascape it up at the back, so I added a few extra kilos as the tank was cycling. You can see pics on my thread below. Cheers and good luck :):):) Kenji
  4. K

Hi, I am converting my tropical tank to house two seahorses. It ahs some nice bits of bogwood, was wondering if using these in the saltwater seahorse tank is advisable or not? Also, is it good to have corals in with seahorses? If so, what kind? Thanks, Kenji
  5. K

Another RSM 130 adventure begins

Latest pic :)
  6. K

HELP! Leather problems :(

My leather is still recovering - thanks :) Here's a pic of my full tank fyi (wounded leather is centre, front btw), not posted one up for ages!!! Still have an algae problem, because it's near the window and my wooden blinds aren't great even though I keep them shut. I'm going to get some...
  7. KenjiTankJan2010

KenjiTankJan2010

8. K

Hi folks, Happy New Year!!! Just a quick update. My leather seems to be improving after a water change, iodine bath and pruning off the dead bits... You can see that it is starting to grow back healthy tissue around where I chopped away the necrotic tissue. New growth has started to 'roll...
  9. LeatherImproving

LeatherImproving

10. K

Hi folks, Thanks for all of the tips. Think I need to get rid of those aptasia, probably causing the trouble!!! I'll try surgery and dipping in saltwater with iodine to help nurse the leather back. At least I have tomorrow off work, so can get this sorted. I'll let you know how it goes...
  11. K

Hi folks, Help please, my lovely leather has started to die off!!! Started out as just brown algae growing on a couple of tips. I went away for a few days to come back to it going very white. What's the best way to stop this spreading and killing the whole coral? Thanks in advance...
  12. leather1

leather1

13. K

Biorb Life for seahorses?

Hi, Thanks for that. My current Fluval 90 is fully stocked with about 9 tetras, a gourami, several danios, platys, and a couple of small catfish. With proper filtration and weekly water changes it is an extremely healthy tank. As freshwater stock levels can be much higher than marine, this is...
  14. K

Thanks for that extra info. Upgrading to an RSM250 is not feasible in the near future, and I don't like waiting, so I have a new cunning plan.... I have a Fluval Roma 90L tropical tank. What about converting that for seahorses? Not sure if it is really deep enough though - Aquarium size 60cm...
  15. K

Hi, Yeah, best option is probably to upgrade my main marine tank and use the RSM 130 for sea horses. That's a slightly longer term option, as it means re-arranging my house! That's why I was looking at the original Biorb life option, as that can just sit on an existing unit. Oh well, never...