Recent content by kderobertis

1. K

From DSB to bare bottom = silty water, solutions?

What RSM tank is this referring to?
  2. K

Continuous water changing set up

Short cuts will burn you in this hobby. If you don't like the maintenance, then this is not the hobby for you.
  3. K

New RSM C-Series C-130 & C-250

Rea Sea really knows how to drag something out.
  4. K

Did I make a mistake

Personally, I think your tank is not mature enough for an anemone, at 3 months old.
  5. K

Chillers

The chiller comes on maybe 5-6 times a day, but with the 90 degree turns from the accessory port to the chiller and back, there is quite a reduction in flow. Also, Eheim 5000 has a max flow rate of 1320 gph not 5000.
  6. K

Chillers

I have the Eheim 5000+ at 100% with the JBJ 1/5 chiller in the cabinet and still would like more flow than is currently provided.
  7. K

Matt's RSM 650 Build

Not using eggcrates on the bottom of your tank to support your rock?
  8. K

Chillers

JBJ 1/5hp
  9. K

Algea Outbreak

When I feed a little heavy, I see changes within the tank within 2-3 days. The RSM 250 has it's limitations based on the current stock setup, so first thing I would do is look at the amount your feeding. Also try Brightwell Aquatics MicroBacter7...
  10. K

Algea Outbreak

What's your feeding like? What nutrients are being added to the tank?
  11. K

Pumps On or Off When Feeding?

All pumps off, MP-40 stays on
  12. K

RSM 250 Skimmer cleaning...

Every three days
  13. K

RSM250 Stock Skimmer

You must be running the skimmer more on the dry side to get clump like that?
  14. K

Female Clown Viciously Attacking Male!!!!

Put the female in a breeders net, for three weeks. Personally, once they start fighting like that, the female most likely wants a new partner.
  15. K

Take over someones tank or start from scratch?

I think AIO (All In One) tanks are great for the beginner. I had mine for 15 months, but once you gain experience, you see the AIO systems have limits. I think an RSM 130/250 are great starter tanks, see if you really enjoy the hobby and learn as you go. The the keys is being patient!