Recent content by jpsika08

1. jpsika08

Juan's 300G+ Aparment Reef Tank Chronicle

And an FTS of the tank right now, not a pretty sight, it's going through it's evolving stage: Next move.. the CUC. :)
  2. jpsika08

Some hardware updates as well: I already connected the Fuge to the Manifold, here some pics. Still need to install the light for the fuge. I will grow Chaeto here only, I always turn my back on caulerpa due to its dangers of going asexual, at least I have to learn how to take care of it in...
  3. jpsika08

Hello everyone, some time without any updates. FINALLY, after 80 days or so, this freaking thing ended it's cycle today :woohoo: Here are the water parameters @ the moment: Ammonia: 0 Nitrites: 0 Nitrates: 50 Temp: 24 Salinity: 1.022 Ph: 8.2 Pending to measure, Alk although, Ph is really...
  4. jpsika08

Thanks Kman, indeed I am :) Thanks Josh. :)
  5. jpsika08

Quick update, my nitrites are still sky high, tank's been cycling for 2 months today, :( I built a Manifold so the main pump can push water for, 1. Carbon 2. GFO 3. Bio Pellets 4. Fuge 5. Anything that comes in mind, lol. I did paint it so it would match the sump area as well; here some pics...
  6. jpsika08

Well, as I live in an apartment space is quite gold, I need to find a good place to put the QT tanks. For the QT'ing method, I chose to go with TTM (Tank Transfer Method), which I have read that it's success rate is very high, also, very quick process to accomplish (12 days). For this...
  7. jpsika08

A quick update.. the cycle still going :eek: 50 days so far and nitrites are still up, patience is the name of the game. While waiting, I did some shopping at BRS today. 1. BRS 2 Part dosing package 2. BRS Jumbo reactor (GFO) 3. BRS Deluxe reactor (ROX Carbon) 4. BRS Bio Pellets. I think...
  8. jpsika08

PH Question

Check if the probe is working, try using a standard PH test kit instead just to be sure your Apex probe isn't failing or needs re-calibrating.
  9. jpsika08

DIY water changing/mixing station

With my former system I had a dual container station, the RODI container was used only for top-off reasons. As I'm in an apartment building now, space is an issue, so the only container I have is for salt-mixing purposes only, the RODI water used for top off is coming directly from the RODI...
  10. jpsika08

Well, the cycle is still going, 45 days into it and Nitrites still high, at least no more trace of ammonia. Here is an underwater pic I took with my phone (Which is within a Lifeproof case)
  11. jpsika08

It seems that this cycle is still going strong, I thought ammonia was out but still 0.2ppm on the chart, and Nitrites are so high, that the result is too high for the Red Sea Marine Test Kit to read. I think I still got at least two weeks to three for cycling. As of now, the tank has been...
  12. jpsika08

Thank you for stopping by :)
  13. jpsika08

What I bought on my trip was a Maxpect Gyre 150, I removed the Vortechs MP60's as they are TOO loud, the living room was turning into a Nightmare room because the constant noise of those pumps. As of now, I'm truly happy with the Maxpect's performance, I have seen the flow move as offered by...
  14. jpsika08

ROFLMAO, that's true, not too cold here usually. Thank Josh. :)
  15. jpsika08

Hey Bryan, if you see through the front glass, you can't see the rear end of the tank. It was not a chunk of plaster but due to a modification for the rear covers of the tank, the guy that installed them drilled the wall and apparently that dust fell within the water. I'm just about to finish...