Recent content by Jojo23

1. Jojo23

Sponge?

Last night the second largest "polyp" opened for the first time. Today the polyps are opening wider and I noticed they are growing hair-like structures around the outer part of their mouths. I hope they will start to develope into a healthy cluster of organisms soon.
  2. Jojo23

Sponge?

The rocks at the lfs are in a dark metal tub with no light. Its the only place I will get my lr now. Much cheaper in price than the average of $8.99/lb due to the econamy. This rock was a lucky pick though. All I've noticed are tubular worms and this organism.
  3. Jojo23

Sponge?

My dad suggested I move rock into my 5 gal QT where my domino damsel has been give a epsom salt treatment. I have gradually removed about 3 gallons of the original water, deluting the epsom salt. Do you guys think it would be a good idea or would it harm it? The water is ro and clean.
  4. Jojo23

Sponge?

How can I improve their health and lives (after the chem issues are resolved). Is bleaching intentionally done to these or by some natural disease. If they grow and change over time I will post updated photos. Maybe put a ruler near them.
  5. Jojo23

Sponge?

I thought this looked strang and have commented to others that they may be bleached. The nitrate is about 15 so it most def won't make it :-(. It sucks to get new lr and find that its inhabitants may be unhealthy. 10 gal water changes weekly/bi-weekly and about 10 or more pounds of lr to get...
  6. Jojo23

Sponge?

I've looked up tunicates, sea squirts and sponges but have not found any pics of simmilar organisms. It shrinks back down into nubbs at night. The two largest bumps don't have the orange filter feeding top like the rest do. My mother told me that the ones she saw were about a foot and a...
  7. Jojo23

Sponge?

I bought a 9 lb LR a few weeks ago and noticed an organism that kind of looked like gristle on it. It is white and at the time had nubbs on it. Then in the water it started to show pink spots in the indents of all but two nubbs. Today these nubbs seem longer. The tops (with the dots) open up...
  8. Jojo23

Seastar

I have a few of those seastars. All are white though. This one is unique looking from the rest. What got me was those eye spots on each of it's four legs. Will it remain very small?
  9. Jojo23

Seastar

This seastar has been in my aquarium for a while now. It is only about a quarter of an inch. Does anyone know what kind it is? Any help in IDing it is appreaciated. Thank you.
  10. Jojo23

Advice needed.

I now have a 5 gallon QT with a simple filter, heater and cave. My Domino Damsel came down with pop eye (not surprizing). It has been in the qt for 8 days now. I added Epsom salt to the h2o. His eyes have shrunk and are almost back to the normal appearance. It can see well and is a very...
  11. Jojo23

Advice needed.

I now have a 5 gallon QT with a simple filter, heater and cave. My Domino Damsel came down with pop eye (not surprizing). It has been in the qt for 8 days now. I added Epsom salt to the h2o. His eyes have shrunk and are almost back to the normal appearance. It can see well and is a very...
  12. Jojo23

Red Worm

Thank you. I put it back in my aquarium the other night. It quickly disappeared into the sand bed. I've been adding sand and had added some the night before so it probably was disturbed. It was kind of funny to see it on the glass though.
  13. Jojo23

Red Worm

How big do they get?
  14. Jojo23

Red Worm

15. Jojo23

Red Worm

Do Tubular Worms ever leave there tubes? I have many red tenticaled, brown bodied worms that live in tubes that are cemented to live rock. I'm curious to see if this worm might have been in a tube at one point and left it in the night.