Recent content by Jof

1. Jof

Help adding a Reactor to my RSM130D with Chiller.

Thats kinda what I was thinking! Having never used a Reactor before I thought I'd best check. Been having trouble keeping the Phosphate down, staying at around 0.9 even though I use 0TDS R/O, (Imake), running CPE and Purigen in the Media Rack, very low bio-load and the system's been up and...
  2. Jof

Thanks for the quick replies Folks. My biggest worry is that if I do break into one of the chiller's lines, which is running at 800ltrs per hour and I reduce the flow of that Tee line by a ball valve into the Reactor what would that do to the out-flow from the Reactor? What would stop the...
  3. Jof

Hi All, Can anyone give me some ideas / help on this? I'm running a Hailea 150 chiller via a Tunze 1074.008 pump, (800lts per hour), in the second chamber thru the Hose Connection Adaptor and I'm thinking of adding a Phosban 150 and placing it inside the cabint. Has anyone done...
  4. Jof

Calling All UK Fish Keeping Enthusiasts To The London Olympia!

I'll be there, booked it a few ago!! :shades:
  5. Jof

Jof's 130D Thread

Cheers Folks!!!! Promise I'll update real sooooon!!!
  6. Jof

Jof's 130D Thread

Hi Everyone! Thanks for having a look at this thread. All comments and advice is welcomed, good or not-so-good. Some of you may have seen me posting before, but now my system has finally got wet I thought it was time to start a thread. It's only taken just over a year since that big...
  7. Jof

RSM130D Pump Problem.

Hi All, Can anyone offer any help / advice? In trying to tamper with one of my circulation pumps I have broken the small black threaded pipe which the outlet screws onto. I know I could buy a new pump, but just to get that little piece seems like overkill. Any thoughts?????
  8. Jof

Modifying RSM 250 Loc-line return on Pump #1

Not sure if it's the same problem, but on my 130D the LocLine 1/2" is too loose on the RSM fitting. So I slipped some heatshrink sleeving on the 'ball' section of the RSM fitting, applied heat to shrink the sleeving and hey-presto..... LocLine fittings clicked on for a nice tight fit. Hth......
  9. Jof

How to clean rounded glass

This a brave statement & I'm sure someone is gonna get the wrong idea.......... Stockings are excellent in the rounded corners. Just 'scrunch' it up in yer hand and get rubbing! If you've any doubts try it on your windscreen / windshield. Use it my truck all the time, (but only when I know...
  10. Jof

Stunner Strips

Very odd !!!!!
  11. Jof

How do you log your tests??

I am right on the verge of getting my system wet, (yeah, I know... thread with piccy's will follow real soon), and I've been thinking which way to go with logging all my results. I was going to make up a simple spreadsheet based system, but I found on another Forum, (that I don't use very...
  12. Jof

How do you log your tests??

As above really. How do most log their test readings, additions, etc? Good 'ol fashion pen to paper? Homemade spreadsheet? Purchased software? Be interested to hear opinions....
  13. Jof

Stunner Strips

Hi Lethal.... Am well. How's it with you? Been a while I know, lots going on which has set back my build. However, should be starting a thread real soon, just a couple of minor things to do and then I'll launch the bugger!!
  14. Jof

Stunner Strips

Yup..... Just tried it. the Stunners will full range dim via the TMC controllers. I've hooked my Blue Stunner to my Aquaray Power controller and works well. Also means the controller will provide power for the Stunner too. Happy Days!!!
  15. Jof

Stunner Strips

They look quite good, the dimmer wouldn't be much good to me. Prefer to have the dimming controlled. What price are they likely to be? Not seen them here in the UK yet, Stunners also aren't in the LFS's here either....... just Aquaray's - everywhere!