Recent content by JCEVERA

1. J

Help me Identify

Here is the pic http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h472/JCEVERA/Rehoboth072.jpg
  2. J

Help me Identify

Found this in my refugium, it is the only one. It is about an inch long. Also moved from one location to another about 6 inches away. The tentacles are banded with white stripes but otherwise it is translucent and the center of its base where it is attached to the acrylic is pinkish/orange...
  3. J

R/o help asap

I took all the new filters out. The center one which has the charcoal was the one causing the odor so I will be replacing all three filters. Thanks for the advice.
  4. J

R/o help asap

I have been using a coral life pure flo II RO/DI system for about a year and last week ordered the 3 replacement filters on-line. 2 of the three looked exactly the same but the carbon filter was a little different. I ran my R/O water into my 32 gallon brute garbage can as I have done for...
  5. J

Actinic question?

The bulbs that were in my T5 when I purchased it were blue colored actinic, when I tried to replace them with actinic all the T5 actinics at my LFS ended up being purple in color. What should I be looking for if I want the original blue colored actinic T5's.
  6. J

Rainbow Acans Trimming in NY!!!

Where are you in NY?
  7. J

Coral help

Will the corals eventually grow to cover the uppersides once they have adapted
  8. J

Coral help

thanks to all
  9. J

Where do you buy your corals online?

Have had great success and customer service from Lisa at saltyunderground
  10. J

Coral help

Yes, there light is higher, maybe twice as high as mine. I was ignorant, I thought in general most SPS need high lighting
  11. J

Coral help

I just choose to do the water changes, not because it is needed. Salinity 1.025, temp 78 - 79 Midas blenny flame angel (angel don't seem to bother the corals) lemon peel angel green wrasse sailfin tang 2 percula clowns 1 maroon yellow stripe clown (yes they get along so far) square...
  12. J

Coral help

My take has been up and running for 8 - 9 months and the first few SPS i tried did poorly and died, now the last few have died on the surface facing up, but seem to be doing well on the underside. Am I doing something wrong by keeping them high in the tank with high flow. I transitioned them...
  13. J

coral feeding

I have been trying to spot feed my cand cane but I can never seem to see any tentacles at all, and I assume its still alive since it continues with the bright green flourescent color it was when i bought it. Would it have bleached if it were not alive? When is it feeding?
  14. J

fast growing coral?

My reef is relatively new, if all parameters are kept good (ie calcium and trace elements) what is meant when a coral is characterized as fast growing. How fast is fast? Could anybody give me some examples. Thanks.
  15. J

Help with ID?

Thanks for the ID help