Recent content by hma

1. hma

UV Sterilizer - Suggested Flow Rates

Hi Ed, thanks for your email and greetings from Durban/South-Afrika where I am currently for business. First of all, there is the rule "The slower, the better the effect ". In your case, this means 1200 gph are much, much too fast , at such a high flow rate is almost no sterilization...
  2. hma

Need help with ID a fish

... and here is a second of which I know nothing. Maybe someone here can even help ? Thanks
  3. hma

Need help with ID a fish

Hello buddies, need after a long time once again your help. Who knows this fish ? the picture was taken along the coastline of California in a kelp forrest. Thanks in advanced
  4. hma

Carbon source dosing

hi buddies ;) hi BigJay and thanks for your eMail ..... vodca dosing is EASY going and def. NOT Dangerous. Exactly as you describe last Big Jay you have to act (use a loading phase up until you have an observed point of bacterial overload and stepping back the dosage from there) .... Start...
  5. hma

Periclimenes Species ?

Hi Leslie and thank you very much for your statement, it is just the same which have taken all my friends here in Europe ;) A more accurate ID is currently not possible.
  6. hma

June 2010 POTM Contest!

Hi Bren :flower:
  7. hma

Periclimenes Species ?

I don't know. So, what do you think it is? A shrimp of course, a cleaner shrimp, that's for sure .... but which one? The pic was taken in Sulawesi - Lembeh street. At first I thought of Belize, but that is incorrect. My dive-diary says Lembeh street - Sulawesi.
  8. Clarkii fry's short befor they hatch ;)

Clarkii fry's short befor they hatch ;)

9. hma

need once again your help !

Hi buddies, perhaps I should briefly describe my impressions on this ID! I think the ID, at least concerning the assignment to the species, is correct. There are no really good pictures of this kind so far, all images I could find are from Randall and only good to count the spines of the fin's...
  10. hma

~Woody's 120 Escapade~

Hi Doni-Marie, just stopping in ;) Nice reservoir you have, looks very similar to mine ;) . Do you mix your fresh salt water in the tank underneath?
  11. hma

sambrinar's 75 gals office sanity

Hi Bren, just stopping in ;)
  12. hma

Lynn and Frank's saltwater adventure.

Hi Lynn, just stopping in ;) Try GIMP , there is not missing much on the quality of Photoshop CS5 and the best .... it's FREE !
  13. hma

A 55G link in the Golden Chain

Really, really nice pictures Jeff :hallo:
  14. hma

need once again your help !

Hi Buddies, of course befor I asked here on RS I have searched all available sources, including fishbase. As even IFM GEOMAR, one of the most renowned institutions in Germany could not help, I also in all my books on fish identification (and I'm really have as good as any recent) could find...
  15. hma

June 2010 POTM Contest!

@goldenmean nice shot Jeff ;), who knows how choose the user ultimately ? Already been reached the strangest Results. So, who knows ? But, which of the three images should I use? Cirrhilabrus scottorum Pterosynchiropus splendidus Amphiprion clarkii -...