Recent content by heteloto

1. heteloto

Proflex Model 4 vs. Megaflow Model 4

I ordered a proflex model 4 sump from Drfosters&smith. What i received in the mail was a ag megaflow model 4. I cant find anything online about the megaflow. no reviews, only photos on odd websites that appear to be scams. anyone at all have any info on this guy??? Rj
  2. heteloto

Lighting Question, or Opinions rather.

Hello All!!!! Im am a noob at all of this and im sorry for the stupid questions. I used to have a smaller reef tank and had to move and lost some of the live stock. Decided to wait a while before starting a new one. I am in that process already. 90 gallon, with a aqueon proflex ref, i...
  3. heteloto

Coralife Aqualite Pro Alternatives??

Hello ALL!! I am starting up a reef again. 90 gallon corner, Aqueon Sump, right now I am debating the lights. I found Coralife Aqualite Pro 48in lights for 599 and am debating wether to grab these guys or if their is a great alternative. I like these because they do offer both Actinic...
  4. heteloto

sump size question.

Sorry guys im sure this has been asked. I have a 69 gallon tank and right now I am using a 29 gallon sump. The only problem is that the 29 gallon sump fits so "perfectly" under the tank that I can not really get my hands inside too much to tool around if I need too. IE change filter sock...
  5. heteloto

Upgrading my T5's. Suggestions.

PS. I am kicking around the idea os buying AquaticLife T5 with 4 bulbs. People on here seem to like these lights and the reviews seem decent.
  6. heteloto

"A Reef Creation" in Buffalo NY!

Just went today and WOW....what a selection of Corals. Good prices too as far as corals. I have seen other things like dry goods and better prices elsewhere but their selection is insane. I will not go anywhere else as of now.
  7. heteloto

Hey ya'll!

Welcome!! Great people here!!
  8. heteloto

Upgrading my T5's. Suggestions.

I am upgrading my T5's. I have some corals and plan to have many more in the future. Im looking to spend around 300. I would love some blue moonlight LEDS as well. anyone have some suggestions?? I am new and it is hard for me to sort through all of the junk ya know?? thanx
  9. heteloto

Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad......

So far everything looks good. No more smell of detergent in the tank or sump. fish are still looking good and corals are still bright and open. another change tomorrow. fingers crossed.
  10. heteloto

Condy inside of his own foot...

he looks fine today. i think he was expelling.
  11. heteloto

how many mantis fans do we have?

i think they are beautiful. I never bought one but I used to hear very loud cracks and bangs in my tank. turns out I had a peacock mantis as a hitchhiker. I had to get rid of him though. I had a rather small tank at the time and was afraid he was going to do some damage.
  12. heteloto

Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad......

Sooo....I use a filter sock on my return drain. It gets messy as some of you know, so I throw it in the washing machine (without soap of course) in my apartment buildings basement. I wait for it to be clean...I go back down to the basement and I notice it is already sitting on top of the...
  13. heteloto

Condy inside of his own foot...

Tonight my condy seems to be swallowed by his own foot. He was fine and swollen just a little while ago. any ideas to what this behavior is? i have looked around on the internet and cant seem to find anything. i will wait to see in the morning if he is alive and kicking, but even if...
  14. heteloto

I love clean up crews. Favorites??

I LOVE THE TURBOS! Right now im hoping to get my hands on some Bumble Bee Snails. This Weird, I call a "UFO" Hiding Ninja Turbo Coraline Hemit
  15. heteloto

Coralife Aqualight Lunar QUESTION.

I had a 30inch Coralife Lunar Aqualight. I loved the actinic/10000/LED combo, but now I have a larger tank and was wondering if anyone has any other favorite lights/ 36inch. I am thinking of another Lunar Aqualight, but trust this community's opinions a great deal. CHEERS!