Recent content by hensleyac

1. H

Southwest Florida's Newest C-250 up and running...

Recent tank shot. Green star polyps have tripled in size, Duncan has 5 new heads, algae on sand is all but gone! In general tank has been really healthy.
  2. H

Starfish deep cleaning around Ultra Green Alien Clove Polyps.
  3. H

Thank you for your kind comment. I was reading a good deal on this forum before I started in the hobby and "Husbandry" is a common theme for advice given on this site. My tank is in my office at work so I get to enjoy it all day and I can really see quickly if something "looks off". In...
  4. H

I have added this now and it has helped. Do you clean them more frequently than the rest of the tank? Thanks
  5. H

Funny stuff (be nice!)

Why did the clownfish leave the anemone to hide in the coral? ... cuz with fronds like these, who needs anemones!
  6. H

Full-Tank Friday!

Happy Friday
  7. H

BIGGEST Mistake Ever Made...

Well I've gone and done it. Just totally screwed myself! I purchased a nice magnifying glass and I haven't been able to get a damn thing done since. This friggin tank is fascinating... so many little details going on that I would never have expected to see. My family may never see me...
  8. H

Update video number 2 Looking for any advice or concerns I should be aware of. No harm in critique here. Crinoid keeping is a bit controversial from what I have seen. I am following the plan found at this link. So far the feather star has relocated twice and has remained in the location...
  9. H

Anyone ever seen a Alveopora look like this? See video...

Glad to report Alveopora is doing great. Somehow the coral dip and basting along with relocation to a little less breezy location did the trick. Happy as ever and every polyp is nicely extended. Thanks!
  10. H

I do have Seachems Iodine dip. Today polyp extension is better and I adjusted my return nozzles and that seems to be an improvement as well. I will give Iodine dip as a precaution but I think it is OK. FYI my leather has swollen much larger than typical. I think the change in water flow has...
  11. H

I keep getting sand blown away from the front glass - RSM 650

Bumped into this thread and just adjusted mine. Crazy but sand is setting better and my leather just got about 40% bigger in the last hour. It must not have like the flow it was getting prior to adjusting.
  12. H

The whole coral looked like the fully extended side you see on the right. The last 2 days, the left side of the coral looks more green and the stony area looks more purple (was more white). And of course you can see the polyp extension on the right side is almost nothing. Any ideas? Flow...
  13. H

Received inline Dual TDS reader today. After RO I'm getting 6TDS and after DI I'm at 0. Good to see my RODI is working well. The meter will be great for monitoring the effectiveness of the filters.
  14. H

New skimmer for RSM S650

mine works great. Never overflows and I'm cleaning out serious scum from it.