Recent content by HayesAveLive

1. H

Bubble Tip Anemone Under PC Light ??

Hey Guys, Thanks for all the opinions and info. Yes, I am definitely and going to do it since the BT is a free gift to me. I know it will move around, but if it doesn't settle at the top on it's own, maybe change the way the water flows in the tank to make it decide to settle at the...
  2. H

Bubble Tip Anemone Under PC Light ??

Hey Guys, Long time since I've last been on Reef Sanctuary (wow, 2007?), but I need some advice. Check it out: I've got a 6-month-old, 75 gallon tank with 260 watts of PC light (actinic/10K). Lots of nice clean live rock stacked all the way up to the top. Just 3 small fish. No inverts yet...
  3. H

Who gets the greens: Snails vs. Tang

thats a good idea about putting the nori under a rock instead of a clip. and i'll try soalking in some garlic flavoring too. thanks.
  4. H

Who gets the greens: Snails vs. Tang

I have a problem with my mexican turbo snails. They eat all of the algae in my tank and they dont leave any for my tang. I like my tang far more than the snails, but I dont want to get rid of the snails because they clean the glass and eat algae that grows in between anenmones that the tang cant...
  5. H

Any Aptasia Fans Out There?

I like aptasia anemones. I have a tank full of them. I know most people think they're bad and ugly, but I think they're kinda like dandylions. In a rose garden, dandylions are an eyesore and a threat to the roses. But in a garden of their own, dandylions can look nice too. As a student, I can't...