Recent content by greene394

1. G

MAJOR, MAJOR bubble algea!

I guess changing water and juvi emerald crabs is the way we will go. Been changing water, now I guess we need to add crabs.
  2. G

When we have removed the bubble algea we did it outside the tank, then rinsed them in a seprate container of salt water. There is corals dying. Its killing me. Is there anyway we could add some to our major display tank without it spreading to that tank if there is no bubble algea on the...
  3. G

We had our HQI 28 gallon set up for over a year now. Well past cycle. Everything is out of whack!:cursin: We have so much bubble algea that its killing our corals. We have picked the stuff off by hand. We have added a differnt pump and a UV seralizer and it has gotten worse! We are very...
  4. G

What a morning

That is the very reason our tank is grounded!!! Thank goodness it is, because if it was'st, my husband would have already been shocked! He could have been killed and everything in our tank would have been gone. Glad everyone is ok and no one got hurt. I would check into grounding my tank if...
  5. G

What Is This Stuff??

Thanks a lot. I will do the reduce feedings. Leave light off for 3 days. Will leaving the lights off hurt my corals? We are also going to try and raise the mag as well and see if that helps. We are def gonna do the WC's. We are planning on doing 30-50% each week to see if that helps as...
  6. G

How hard can I try to remove a snail

We just tap or thump the shell sidways, hard enough to break them loose. We learned this trick from our bicolor blenny, Wormy, RIP little guy. When ever our BIG snail would get near his hole or shell, he would just bump him a certin way and he would fall off EVERY TIME! Stupid snail never...
  7. G

Compatable Tangs

Well thanks for the input. We are NOT going to buy one. We decided we dont want to add another fish. Thanks a bunch guys for your input! You guys just confirmed our decision was a good one! It was greatly appriciated!
  8. G

Compatable Tangs

Well we have had the blue tang now for about 4 monts, and she is def not the boss of the tank, my foxface and tomato clowns are. So should I or should I not? Dont want to stress any fish out! We had a naso tang about 6 months ago and it died do to stress. What caused it to die was us just...
  9. G

Compatable Tangs

I was wondering if a Naso Tang would be compatable with a Blue Tang. Here is the pic of the tang we have just incase i have not named it correctly and you will know for sure what I am talking about. I am wanting to order tonight. Thanks all!!! This is Dori!! Of course!
  10. G

What Is This Stuff??

I found the kit and it said 0. no hint of any color
  11. G

What Is This Stuff??

nitrates are 0 and i dont know about phospates. Dont have a test to check
  12. G

What Is This Stuff??

We use RODI water. We might overfeed a bit. We rinse our food in rodi water. We have plenty of flow. We just keep getting this stuff and dont know why!!!!! I am lost!!!
  13. G

Mug Shot Thread.... Fish Have Faces Too!!!!

Ok my pics are not NEAR AS BEAUTIFL...but here are a few.. Thats all folks!
  14. G

More pics!

Thanks Lynn! You allways comment on my Hammers! I am glad you like them!
  15. G

What Is This Stuff??

We did a water change Sat night and this stuff is looking somewhat better. Please advise me on what it is and what I can do about it. Thanks... The stuff on the rocks We have had red slime before and this does not seem to be that. It is like bubbles also form on it, but not...