Recent content by GLOCKMOM

1. GLOCKMOM

Treating Crypt with Coppersafe.

Well I dont have Cupramine. I have Coppersafe. Can someone please help me if you have used coppersafe with API copper testing???
  2. GLOCKMOM

Treating Crypt with Coppersafe.

Well, I am treating some icky fish with Mardel Coppersafe. I purchased a test kit, API copper test kit. I dosed as directed, and the test registers a .50ppm .... Coppersafe instructions advise a level of 1.5 - 2.0ppm What in the world is up with the dosing?? Does it tank time for the...
  3. GLOCKMOM

SALINITY level for LIVE ROCK?

the regal had developed this during QT, then went into the display and showed improvement. Now hes back in QT and Im soaking with selcon.
  4. GLOCKMOM

oh, I also forgot to mention my regal has HLLE :( Its minor for the time being. Do you think hypo will affect it? good or bad??
  5. GLOCKMOM

well Im afraid of having 2 tangs in a 10 gallon QT for 6-8 weeks.
  6. GLOCKMOM

Whats the lowest possible salinity level that live rock can survive for approximately a 2 week period? I have a minor crypt outbreak, and have moved all fish to hypo QT for 2 weeks, so therefor I am trying to kill off crypt in the display. I want to drop the salinity down a little in the...
  7. GLOCKMOM

Skimmer Question

I purchased a red sea prizm, and unloaded that piece to some poor soul on ebay. It was absolutely worthless! I then bought an aqua-c and absolutely LOVE IT!!
  8. GLOCKMOM

I need some help.

To start, I always QT. I just recently after 4 weeks of QT added another true percula to my display. he/she (juvenile) was great for a week then decided to come down with either velvet or crypt (cant decide which one it is), So after a few days of doing great I added another fish to the QT to...
  9. GLOCKMOM

Substrate?

Is it possible to upgrade your substrate to a larger course sand? or add a top layer of larger course sand?
  10. GLOCKMOM

Tree like algae

I too have a tree-like branching algae. Its a VERY slow grower, so i wouldnt worry to much. My branching algae has been around since March and has just now reached 1" diameter, but has spawned 4 other locations. I like the way it looks, but if you dont you can always remove it. Atleast its not...
  11. GLOCKMOM

missing appendage from a star

is it still moving?
  12. GLOCKMOM

purple reef lobster tankmates?

I wont chance him having such an expensive meal. He will tank residence in one of the others once it has cycled... Thanks
  13. GLOCKMOM

Al or Lynn, So would you trust the lobster if the mandarin or other fish is at least his size of 2.75 inches? I want to find some compatable mates for him, so I dont have to move him. I have 2 other empty display tanks cycling and are tanking forever... cant get the nitrites to go...
  14. GLOCKMOM

Al, yea I meant to say that I will be purchasing a new mandarin in about 2 weeks so he can spend 3 weeks in the QT before entering the display tank. My tank has been fallow since June 9th and I will re-introduce fish the first week of August. Hairy is pretty aggressive towards the mysis. That is...