Recent content by Garage1217

1. Garage1217

Garage1217's 225G starphire build of pure awesomesauce

And... some update pics of her filled. Also a new toy a picked up! It is a water blaster 2000 to power the big custom CA reactor I plan to build here soon. Pump is built like a tank. Top quality throughout! Same quality as my BB5000 on my skimmer and WB5000 for my returns! Glass smooth...
  2. Garage1217

Thanks guys! My previous tank only had around 17" to work with from the back to the front so all I could do was basically build a rock wall (90G tech tank). And in front of the overflow on that tech tank, I only had 13" to work with! This tank has 29" from the back to front internally which was...
  3. Garage1217

Fill time! Felt like I would never get to say that! Just finished the aquascaping. I am terrible at it but I am happy with the way this turned out. Looks even better in person! Took a long time as all the larger pieces and pieces at risk of sliding are water welded in place. Not finished by...
  4. Garage1217

You can sort of see it in this old tank shot. The modified k4's I run blew it all out of the corners lol the white sand I use is very white. Makes caribsea oolite look tan. Really brightens things up in the tank as it reflects light back up so well!
  5. Garage1217

Wow... I am sooooo tired. Took all of my dead rock I have been collecting over the last year and pressure washed it, gave it all an evil bath in muriatic acid, then a soak in water with baking soda, then a good rinse and soak again in clean water... Then pressure washed again... Then another...
  6. Garage1217

Thanks guys :) Here is an updated pic of the light from the top side 100% completed with the covers over the power supplies protecting fingers from accidentally hitting any deadly parts! More pics to come throughout the weekend. Hopefully by Sunday she will be ready to fill!!!!
  7. Garage1217

BUUUAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA (EVIL LAUGH) I just ran a test on the lift system for the first time! For this test, I have it lifting two 58lb buckets of oceanic salt / 118lbs total weight and it did not even break a sweat or groan / moan... Well the roof let out a few creaks wahahahaha hehehehe woooooo...
  8. Garage1217

The doom lifter is now in place in the attic with cables ran through the roof! And yeah, I am VERY tired. To understand what it feels like in An Az attic, turn your oven on low and get in for around 45 minutes lol. Here are some pics of tonight's fun! Cables at both ends locked in place /...
  9. Garage1217

On the hanging itself. Since this fixture is no lightweight... VERY heavy actually... I could not find a cable system I trusted online. So I am going to make my own. The most tricky part for me was finding a Y cable clamp so that I could attach the cable(s) from the lift to the cable(s) that are...
  10. Garage1217

Wow been awhile :) Had to take a break away from the build for awhile as work got a little crazy along with other projects :) Here are some updates. She is back on track again! Media reactors built: Light fixture lit with optics in place. Very wicked in person and color is spot on for my...
  11. Garage1217

Did a little electrical on one side tonight. Will possibly finish it tomorrow. Not exactly my best work by any means but gets the job done. Still need to number each of the molex microfit plugs and some other little details on this side, then have to finish the other side / finish it overall.
  12. Garage1217

10qty new meanwell eln-60-48d 0-10v dimmable led drivers

On last bump before I change my mind again haha $28ea + $5.55 priority mail shipping for ANY qty.
  13. Garage1217

10qty new meanwell eln-60-48d 0-10v dimmable led drivers

I am going a different route power supply wise with my build so am selling these off. All are brand new / 2 were used just for testing out each string in my fixture and have less than an hour on them. 8qty at $30ea 2qty with an hour of use at $28ea Shipping is $5.55 for priority mail...
  14. Garage1217

Pic of the black side / allen button heads. Over each end cap, will be aluminum mesh for the power supplies to breath. I may change this out to laser cut acrylic.... will see. This pic is just to give an idea of the look. Machine shop did these mesh ends and totally screwed these up as well...