Recent content by forstral

1. forstral

August '07 Photo Contest Entry

I used a Digital Rebel w/ 18-55mm lens on manual. I also had a hood halfway installed, it really doesn't fit this lens, that fits my 300mm telephoto lens.
  2. forstral

Mystery Crab

Caught the mystery crab today after switching to a shorter glass. Took pictures before taking it to the LFS; will probably post them tomorrow.
  3. Just looking at the cheap crab trap

Just looking at the cheap crab trap

4. forstral

I'm not sure which photo to use. This will be my first entry and all the others look so much better but I want to show off the little guys.
  5. forstral

Mystery Crab

Well, I put a piece of the "red" colored formula variety. It may not be meaty but since Inky and Binky "Jacques 1 & 2" like it so much I guess they will be bait. They won't get out of the glass.
  6. forstral

Mystery Crab

When trying to capture with a glass, would you use frozen formula variety or part of a boiled hotdog?
  7. forstral

Mystery Crab

I remove the rock that it favors the most, I would have to tear down my whole reef and risk losing my 3 fish, 2 corals, and several snails and hermits. He favors the very bottom, middle rock in my reef.
  8. forstral

Mystery Crab

Not really, it has a softer look to it's body and it doesn't have the spots that are on the crab in the picture.
  9. forstral

Mystery Crab

I can't even get close enough to it to catch it. It has chosen a cave in the very bottom, center piece of my l/r. If anyone has any ideas on how to catch it without removing everything from the tank then by all means let me know.
  10. forstral

Mystery Crab

I can't snap a picture of this little bugger because when the camera is around he moves quick as lightening back into his cave and when the camera is not ready or around he comes out far enough for me to see to be able to describe. This crab is between a dime and a nickel in size. It is a...
  11. forstral

Do Clownfish Sleep???

I got my 2 new little buddies yesterday around 11 am, and took my time acclimating them. The only lights on in the room were the blue leds from the tank and I didn't turn the main lights on until 4:30 pm so as to not overstress the little guys. I woke up about 2:45 this morning with a headache...
  12. forstral

My clowns won't arrive until Thursday. After they are acc and have had a chance to settle down and destress, I'll ask them if they would like to enter.
  13. forstral

Red Sea Max

I have a red sea max also. I really love it :snshne: . I like the fact that the timer automatically turns on the 2 leds when it turns off the daylights. I have a royal gramma, several hermits, snails, and a donor emerald (he hitchhiked with the l/r). I have just added this week a nice candy...
  14. forstral

Forstral's Red Sea Max Adventures

The tank seems to be holding up well. Timer still works, skimmer still pumping a lot of bubbles into it's chamber, water pumps still pumping micro bubbles into the tank. Amm is 0, trites are 0, and trates are 0; salinity is a little low at 1.021. Was using a hydrometer but went and bought a...
  15. forstral

Forstral's Red Sea Max Adventures

Doing first water change this evening. When I do a water change, do I turn off the skimmer and pumps? Also, my pumps are blowing a tremendous amount of very tiny bubbles into the tank, does the mean I need to open the door on the skimmer comb more? How do I make the pumps stop putting the...