Recent content by fishcommunity

1. fishcommunity

Fish Coloration

Hi all, I heard and witness before that the color of fishes like the gramma loreto will fade. What causes the fade? I heard from a LFS that lighting plays a part in the color of the fish as well, is it true? Other factors include FOOD and WATER QUALITY? This is because i'm considering...
  2. fishcommunity

Dispar anthias-advice in feeding

haha.. will post it up as soon as i'm free.. thanks for the encouragement!!
  3. fishcommunity

just an update guys.. my dispar is feeding on pellets and flakes now.. What a relieve.. it started with brine, then mysis, then spirulina flakes and lastly now taking spectrum pellets.. thanks for all the inputs before this..
  4. fishcommunity

Sunburst/Fat head Anthias Q

Hi there, am collecting information regarding Sunburst Anthias/Fat head anthias.. From what i heard and read, they are very docile fish and there are many cases that they refuse to eat, the biggest challenge is to get them to feed, from brine to flakes to pellets, any advice and experience from...
  5. fishcommunity

My Little Mandarin

wow, Dentoid, great job!! Rescuing the mandarin is a noble thing and im very happy it looks happy and is given a chance to live his life.. Bravo Dentoid.. I've been wanting to have a mandarin of my own as well but i was told and have read that they beeds pods and only eat pods to survive...
  6. fishcommunity

Why is my Clown BURNT?

i see.. I'm very sure its not a hybrid.. or is it? haha! how much does false and true perc cost in the US? From the price, we might know what kind of a clown that is.. whether its normal occelaris or black clown etc..
  7. fishcommunity

Whats ^ with price on zoas?

i have seen n heard that zoas in US is very very nice and its color is darn sharp.. I kinda envy you all as the marine/reefing market in US is huge and there are plenty of reefers around for frags trade etc.. lol.. Normally, zoas around asia is not as fabulous as compared to those in australia n...
  8. fishcommunity

Why is my Clown BURNT?

we have it a lot here in malaysia.. Somehow, no offence but ppl here thinks that the color is rather drab but its pesonal preference really.. Is it tank breed? I notice that tank breed ones in my country looks rather pale.. but im sure i have seen a lot of the clown u posted.. Its definately an...
  9. fishcommunity

i heard that bartletts are easy to get them feed.. In my part of the world, they are darn expensive.. almost 5 times the price of my dispar.. lol
  10. fishcommunity

thanks a lot guys.. i will try.. Now its getting less and less shy and is coming out but when i feed, i went inside again.. lol.. i need it to steady itself and realize i'm there to feed it.. haha.. will update bout it when it eats or theres any other improvement.. thanks again
  11. fishcommunity

i think mine is around medium size (say about 3inch plus).. Not small.. I think the the dispar will eventually come out from hiding, am just worried it might not eat.. I do have mysis and brine shrimp with me.. frozen that is.. hope it does the trick.. Will other fish eating encourages it to eat...
  12. fishcommunity

hi there.. im in need of advice again.. I recently bought a dispar anthias, i have another anthias in my tank, i think its a yellow anthias.. today is the 2nd day the dispar in my tank, its still hiding.. i know where its hiding and it seems to be very shy.. lol.. I have heard that its very...
  13. fishcommunity

yellow tang advice

ohhh.. ok.. thanks! yea, i feel its totally wrong as well.. they are creatures that deserves to have the best in their life.. thanks for the enlightment
  14. fishcommunity

yellow tang advice

i have been in this hobby for around 2years now and im curious bout 1 Q, that is will a fish really get stressed out if their growth is stunted? i do see some reefers that keeps potentially big fish in small tanks n they do just fine.. i mean its wrong but its do-able?
  15. fishcommunity

Decided to keep the suncoral

wow, nemeth, ur colony is huge!! i feed mine once a week and so far so good.. feed mine with mysis n brine shrimp.. they love both.. the disadvantage would be they will not really open during the lights on period..