Recent content by Duncan collins

1. D

RSM130D - Skimmer options

Let me know how you get on, cause with nothing at all in the back I couldn’t get it to fit.. Still happy for my solution though, good alternative for those that don’t want the skimmer basket
  2. D

Thanks Starsky - that’s the adapter I was talking about but doesn’t fit in the back of 130 as there is not room However running the Eheim next to my skimmer is doing a great job Taken the sponge out so no nitrate trap and no cleaning the sponge Would recommend to anyone who is removing skimmer...
  3. D

Lol. I have a tunze 9001, which draws water in from the bottom, the Eheim skimmer draws surface water in at the top and pushes it out the bottom. My idea is to use the Eheim next to the tunze skimmer so that surface water pulled down by the Eheim is aimed at the tunze skimmer - with me? If I...
  4. D

Would my tunze skimmer not pick up the proteins if it was drawn from the surface into the main body of water?
  5. D

Ok thanks, I was thinking of running it without the sponge and aiming the outlet at my skimmer or filter outlet, just to get it removed form the surface - think that will work? Ideally I would like a surface skimmmer to replace my tunze
  6. D

Hello all I am currently running a Tunze 9001 skimmer in the back of my RSM130D, but am really after a skimmer that surface skims. I know a lot of people run the media rack and tunze 9001/9002. but have taken out the media rack and am using a canister filter for running my mechanical filtration...
  7. D

Skimmer basket

Ok thanks - I will try without and see if I get any film build up
  8. D

Hello everyone

To be honest it’s probably easier as it’s got a decent sump in it, the smaller tank was more prone to temp swings, that’s why I went topless and got leds.
  9. D

Hello everyone

Top one is 130D and the other is the s500 - can’t keep many corals in it as the 3 angels just eat them.
  10. D

Skimmer basket

Have recently gone topless on my 130d, loving the difference leds make Question I have is to remove the skimmer basket and just leave the grill exposed. I have always removed if going away for a few days. Anyone left there’s off permanently? What are the impacts anything to watch out for...
  11. D

Hello everyone

Been reading this for years, running a Red Sea s500 and a 130d Thanks for all the great advice.