Recent content by Dragonne

1. Dragonne

MACNA XXI (Atlantic City NJ)

I might be able to make it... I'm only 3 hours away in northern NJ. The ticket cost isn't important to me. It's more about getting the time off of work (I disappear randomly too much as it is!). I'd say I'm a 50/50 right now. I'll know better closer to September. :)
  2. Dragonne

What annoys you

I only but captive bred, fragged, or propagated livestock. There's a LOT more out there than you think. Also, captives tend to have a better survival rate.
  3. Dragonne

New Creatures in my tank

+1 bristle worms
  4. Dragonne

Lynn's frag tank experiment

Re: new frag tank I'll set it up for you... for the mere cost of a round trip ticket to Florida and a place to stay while I enjoy the weather. :smack: Uhhh, I meant while I set up the tank. :tongue:
  5. Dragonne

Need an id of this

aka pineapple sponge
  6. Dragonne

What type of Damsel is this?

Looks just like a Black Damsel. Have one myself, can't get rid of it, won't die on it's own. It's this pearly white when it's young, gets a little color in it's lower fins and almost starts to look cool , then turns this ugly gray/black and is mean as heck.
  7. Dragonne

Lynn's frag tank experiment

Re: new frag tank I know i's a little different than you are setting up, but I just did a frag tank myself a few weeks ago. The same as you I have a TON of Capnella frags that I needed to make it for. The main differences are that I went with a bed of red sea pellets to stabilize the frags in...
  8. Dragonne

What precautions do YOU take when inside your tank?

Coralife Aqua Gloves (Shoulder Length Protective Gloves) if I'm doing anything more than a quick in/out to replace a fallen coral or something.
  9. Dragonne

whats hapening with my kenya tree????

Sounds like an upset Capnella to me. When you messed with the tank you probably irritated it quite a bit with touching/moving and all the particulates you stirred up. It's likely sliming a little to clear itself of debris and detrius that got attached to it. Pics would be helpful to be sure...
  10. Dragonne

Spreading Corals????

Ya, I'm going to have to agree with the relativity of "really fast". Most stonies growing "really fast" is 2 inches a year. Softies can grow several inches in a year depending on species (I have a Sarco that grew to about 5x it's size in 3-4 months then slowerd down). Octocorals without a stony...
  11. Dragonne

9pm sunday chat..

I keep missing the 9pm chat!!! Y'all need to stay later. :poke:
  12. Dragonne

Bill HR 669

Re: HR 669 - READ me!!! I thought I mentioned my thought on addressing it, by stating my dislike in the proposal. Instead of a blanket policy "nothing gets in unless it's on the approved list, and require great effort to get on the list", flip it around and make it a "banned list" that...
  13. Dragonne

giant cup musroom help pls

If it detached, it did that for a reason. Either it was totally unhappy with the location (light/current/neighbors) or there was a direct irritant to the base where it was attached. I wouldn't try to return it to the same place, it might not stay there no matter how you try to secure it.
  14. Dragonne

You might be a Reef Addict...

I had to resurrect this thread for this one... - If your LFS comps you with a $50+ coral... several times in a month... you might be a reef addict!
  15. Dragonne

help with this leather!

You won't see any polyps on the white area, only on the top where it will likely get a little darker. I have a nice pic of my sarco somewhere here... You can't see the "stem", but it looks like a toadstool or forest mushroom. White stem, tan top disc, polyps only on the disc.