Recent content by Desmond

1. D

Soft coral

Welcome to the forum. All i would have in a canister filter is some media like chemipure and purigen and some filter floss that you clean or change out when doing water changes. How big is your tank ? Zoanthids, mushrooms , toadstool , sinularia are all types that will work fine for you. What...
  2. D

Just bought an older RSM 130d

Best of luck with the tank. I had a 130d before nice tank. I did a few mods on mine. Ask away with any questions you might have Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  3. D

Consider calibrating Your refractometer !

You have me worried now :) I have just ordered myself a milwaukee tester Also waiting on ICP test so i suppose that will give me an indication of how accuarate my refractometer is .
  4. D

Patrick's FRESHWATER Red Sea C-250

Really starting to look good Pat i had fresh water tanks for year and a few planted setups. I agree what dave k said about the co2 system will be well worth it in the long run. Are you going to have an air stone or air wall in the back of the tank to keep the oxygen level up ? A few nice fish...
  5. D

85 Gallon.....3 Foot Pile of rocks.

Very cool build
  6. D

Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

Lol now that would be a sight Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  7. D

Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

Would you not be worried about your corals with the triggers ? beautiful looking tank by the way
  8. D

Polyp id

Keep wacking them or you could get some pepermint shrimp or an aiptasia eating filefish
  9. D

Desmond's 275 cube

Thanks its starting to get there again after my crash. Still have some algae but it is starting to clear up now. My light in the fuge had gone low and faulty causing my chaeto to die off and release allot of nutrients back into the system. I have added a new light and new chaeto now and also a...
  10. D

New to the sanctuary.

Welcome to the forum :-) get a tank thread going so we can follow along :-)
  11. D

Desmond's 275 cube

Quick video i took. More zoaa place and stuck down :-) Stuck more frags today https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ylq2UTc5Og
  12. D

HELP! Help required with setup (:

Thats allot of rock . How much is in there Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  13. D

No worries at all buddy. Looking forward to seeing it all finished Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  14. D

The first picture is just the vavle letting air into the skimmer for adjustment. The 2nd i am not sure to be honest Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  15. D

Desmond's 275 cube

Extremely cool way the zoa came in a dome to protect the polyps Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk