Recent content by daveat

1. D

Shipping corals

how long woodstock? uniheat makes them in 40 and 60 hour (that i know of)
  2. D

Shipping corals

yes they make 40 hour heat packs specifically for shipping pets let me find a linky sorry had to look for reciepts SO check out aquabid.com they sell all sorts of shipping supplies! here is a specific link for some http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?shipping&1171571419
  3. D

opinions on which tank is better

agreed with everybody else, JBJ has been in the nano biz for longer than red sea but red sea makes prettty good products. i would look at real facts, pump output, light output etc.
  4. D

Tough Algae!

hmm a brightly colored snail... only thing i can think of is a bumble bee... other than that you can try sea hares, i really like my bumble bees and ceriths. your best bet might be to get a fish that eats algae, personally i like the diversity that algae adds to my tank
  5. D

New to the reef hobby and forums- question

the live rock and stuff should have started its own cycle by the stuff that died on it. the cyno is NOT hard to get rid of, just takes time, its part of an "extended" cycle. some people just let the tank ammo, trites and trates cycle and then fight the cynobacteria for the next few months...
  6. flamin angel

flamin angel

flame angel
  7. D

Nano Shrimp tank

dud your getting ScReWeD on the mysis... buy unhatched brine shrimp eggs for like 2.00 per million(ish)
  8. D

12g reef pic's

dave, i am in central IL... i have an orange plate i could trade as well as a pink hammer, and pom pom xenia and silver branch xenia and BORING (compared to that) candy cane and......................
  9. D

Nano Cube Questions

1. Will the lighting that comes with the cube be enough for what I will keep: Shrooms, Zoos, Xenia, maybe some other small polyps ? if you are getting the DX (36watts i think) then yes it should be perfect!! 2. How should I alter the filtration if keeping a reef? Should it be altered...
  10. D

Bonding Acrylic to Glass

aww everybody beat me to it... acrylic doesn't permanately bond to glass. use weld-on4 for acrylic-acrylic use 100% silicone for Glass-glass' and yes AGA uses acr overflows on glass tanks BUT they just use the silicone to hold in place until the water pressure holds it against the glass...
  11. D

reef tank rookie.. plz help?

agreed with everybody else, too much light too quickly, corals and everything else needs to be acllimated to the light, if hanging from the ceiling it is best to start at double the distance from the tank that you plan on using (if you want it 4" off the tank than start at 8" off the tank and...
  12. D

Candy Cane

its not an instant opening but something that takes about 5minutes so don't expect instant results, but it is really neat watching it open up and gobble down. i use a syringe to target feed it but be careful because if you blast it it will close up
  13. D

What and How to feed your mushroom?

light is the best food for a shroom. other than that you can feed DT's or i use "rod's food" which is a blend of everything - feeds the whole reef tank
  14. D

name two fish

i have a oc. clown, a flame angel and a blue green chromis and a yellow watchman goby (alittle overstocked)
  15. D

HELP - spikes

i hope... hope hope hope hope hope that EVERYBODY learns a lesson from this... i knew better but i still did it... ohwell thanks again all for your help