Recent content by Dakota

1. D

T5 lighting and coral colors

was wondering if the t5 ho actinic bulbs are any better then the uri vho bulbs. i have some vho bulbs that i never put in the ligghting canopy but am wanting to get my zoo's and sps corals to "pop" in color more. i just went from 14K 250 hamiltions to 10k 250 ushios and was wondering if the t5...
  2. D

Hammers

I have a branching hammer with 30+ heads on it that orginally started out with 2 heads. i find this coral very easy to keep and i also will put small picecs of shrimp on it when I feed my cleaner shrimp and anemones. Is about the size of a basketball of larger. i would say it is in mediem -high...
  3. D

increasing tank flow

well i want to increase flow in my tank and am not sure how i want to go about it. the tank is a 90 gallon aga. its 4 feet across and is 18 inches wide. for water movement i have a sieo 620 in there on 1 side and then the return from the sump on a sqid device that branches of 4 ways . I was...
  4. D

A killer is in my tank

no its not a green britle star i knew those guys were bad.
  5. D

A killer is in my tank

yeah will be trying this tonight and 1 more ? i just thought of how do i keep my 2 cleaner shrimp , 2 peperment shrimp and brittle star out of there ? otherwise they will get to it be fore anything else does.
  6. D

A killer is in my tank

put the whole bottle in there? and cut the opening how big at the top and angle how much 45degress or less? plan on doing some night mission recons to try and find this MFer. i have a flashlight with a red and blue led works great for night viewing
  7. D

A killer is in my tank

Well came home today to find my once beutiful blue clam dead, looks like it was yanked from were it was achored on the rock and gutted. the clam was in the tank for approx 3 months and was growing nicely . I have also had a rather large sally lighfoot crab come missing about 3 weeks ago. i...
  8. D

double drains from overflow

yeah i believe that it is a 1 inch drain on mine also and a 3/4 inch return . i have a dolphin dp 1200 and it is showing about 18gpm at 6 foot head on thje side scale of box. so its looking maybe like cant do drain out of other the other 3/4 line
  9. D

double drains from overflow

i have a 90 gallon AGA reef tank . i want increase the flow but dont have the room for a closed loop. was thinking of taking the return line from the sump and making that into a drain also. this would give me 2 drains from the overflow. i could get a bigger pump for the increased flow and just...
  10. D

OT Gas Prices in your area?

3.05 a gallon for diesel i fil up at least once a week for 100 dollars or more 36 gallon tank. also just watched the news looks like the epa has suspended all blended fulls to increase the amount of fuel the refiners can make hope it helps.
  11. D

oxypora frag

it didnt come from a retailer. i saw the original colony that it came from anf is very nice guess i could find out tommorrow how long ago it was fraged . just a liitle worried i guess im sure it will be fine. nothing else in my tank is haveing any problems cleaner shrimp bredding regularly same...
  12. D

oxypora frag

ok picked up a frag of a light blue with grenish mouth oxypora. its about the size of a quarter and has 3 mouths on it. i got this frag on saturday morning and has been in the tank since. i just started to notice today when the light came on that on one edge it is turning a light brown color...
  13. D

Algae Troubles Help !!!

i dont use carbon but maybe rarely and since i dont use tap water thats not a concern. could be some isues for eek but im just saying that i think feeding may only be a small part of the overall problem. juust my opinion thats all. sry for any confusion.
  14. D

Heliacus areola !

i have a flashlight i use for regular hunting and it has 3 colors of led red ,white and a blue it works great for being able to hunt stuff at night without scaring things off the white led is not very bright but just enough to see things maybe give it a try that way. im sure a small white led...
  15. D

Algae Troubles Help !!!

i think husbadary(sp)? is maybe the problem. i think people get to worked up over what amounts of food u feed i feed 1 and half 2 cubes a day i dont soak it. no algea problems. i do have a sump full of macro algea and a big skimmer and i do 20% water changes every few weeks. also if u introduce...