Recent content by DaddyTLi

1. D

Tank turned 49 this year

Thanks for sharing. It sounded very traumatic and I don't want to make it sound like I am insensitive. What you shared was very personal; but you have great humor. I was laughing out loud. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. D

Jebao Serial Number

I have an RW-15, were can I find the serial number? The pump has the manufacture date but no serial number. Tom
  3. D

Red Sea S-650 - Dave's marine adventure

How about a vid of your FT? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. D

Tli rsm 500

Ok, a couple of days ago, early morning, My apex EB8 fried. I have an outlet with alarm. it sounded and I thought it was my home alarm. Notice the power to the tank was cut off. Did some diag and it is the EB8. Currently, I am running pre apex days with a power strip. Sent an warranty request...
  5. D

Tli rsm 500

I had her on my finger and we walked by the tank to look at the tank up close. She did not flinch. I don't think she forgot, maybe she feels safe around me. :D Tom
  6. D

Tli rsm 500

Was changing the tank water. One of my budgie decided to take a dip. I did not see her until I return from emptying the bucket. Tank water was low enough for the flow pump slightly above water. The splashing sound attracted her. She was struggling on the corner in the front. I hurried and rescue...
  7. D

Tli rsm 500

I'm seeing fewer ants. Wondering if they poison is working. I think RAID is surface coat that when they walk over chemical, they are coated to bring back to colony for ingestion and slow death. Tom Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. D

Tli rsm 500

My wife mixed borax and sugar sprinkle side of tank. I vacuumed it up and sprayed RAID. Since it is slow acting, I think I'll some back down on the floor. Thanks. Tom
  9. D

Tli rsm 500

Sheetrock is not saggy, just has stain. I route my skimmer cup out to an external flat container and it over skimmed one day causing flood on floor right down to basement. I was not home and water alarm kicked off. Well, lesson learned. I need to get to Home Depot after work tomorrow. Tom
  10. D

Tli rsm 500

Ok, it has been a while since I posted. Just a few weeks ago, I noticed the food were disappearing quick. It turns out that ants found my food dispenser on top of the tank. I removed the food source and manual feed now. I saw them on the floor and spread raid along the wall boards. They still...
  11. D

My 600 gallon reef tank

Looks big and health!! Eating well too. :)
  12. D

Welcome to the RSM club forum!

Welcome Mattsa! Nice on getting those lights. Merry Christmas to you mate. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. D

Welcome to the RSM club forum!

Welcome "M".
  14. D

My 600 gallon reef tank

Sometimes I wonder if we treat our tanks better than our family. I think my wife is jealous. Tom
  15. D

Tli rsm 500

I'm in the Queens area where the power is supplied underground into the house. The only time I have power outage is when ConEd equipment fails. So far just one major one I vaguely remember. This is before the tank.