Recent content by cronicreef

1. cronicreef

Rubbermaid sump.. getting rid of bubbles ????

The baffles might help contain the detrits from going farther into the sump. The only thing I don't like about the idea of having LR in the sump is normally you'll get particals of in the sump that don't belong there. Once it's in the sump it can end up in your pumps and acted like sand...
  2. cronicreef

you could do something like this http://www.fragexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=3190&highlight=baffles I think it would be the easiest way to do baffles in a rubbermaid sump. IMO
  3. cronicreef

Nano-Tanks...killer or creator ?

I've seen both. But the LFS by me buts up a 12gal nano fully stocked within a weak and sells it for $500. Everything looks great but I know better to buy it. They do this about once a month. People keep buying them but who knows if anything makes it past a month. I would feel better...
  4. cronicreef

ARAGOCRETE making

I would like to make some ARAGOCRETE. I was woundering if anyone has done this and if there is any tricks to it. Also if anyone has the plans/ingredents to make it. Pics would be great to if you have some. I would like to make a few rocks for base rock and a few pc that are attached to...
  5. cronicreef

Sump Idea for a existing 55

LOL did the same thing with my fist tank. Still kicking myself in the head. I'm glad that your taking your time and looking at everything with open eyes. I hope I have your patience when I set up my 120 too.
  6. cronicreef

How much will you spend on your reef tank this year?

I figure I'm going to play it safe this year and pay the bills befor getting anymore toys. But I'll make it up nexted month and get something for myself.
  7. cronicreef

Planning out a stand for a 180gal

my current stand is 42" high with a 18" tall tank on top. So it's hard to do anything without a stool since I'm only 5'8". The rubbermaid is at least 25" tall and my skimmer sits around 30". Plus I wanted to have some room to work in the sump. But I can't have it all if I want the stand...
  8. cronicreef

The best RO UNIT ?

I would call your water comp. and see what there treating the water with and see some of the chem levels like phoshate. If you really want to get into it you can order a costume unit so you don't get anything that you don't want. Same you some money from buying filters over and over again that...
  9. cronicreef

Planning out a stand for a 180gal

I have made a few stands for my 50gal and for my 20gal but nothing for a larger tank like a 180gal. I was woundering if anyone could give me some tips as fair as making the frame and how to go about making it. I would like to use my 150gal rubbermaid sump under the tank and have the back side...
  10. full_shot_x-1

full_shot_x-1

11. blue_tang_2-1

blue_tang_2-1

12. Lion_fish-1

Lion_fish-1

My budies
  13. 1

one of many blue ridge frags
  14. Blue ridge

Blue ridge

My blue ridge
  15. cronicreef

I'm setting up my 150gal rubbermaid for the 3rd time now and I use a homemaid plastic drawers. I can put carbon in the a drawer and but filter pads in the rest of the drawers. I placed eggcrate under the filter pads so the drawers don't get filled up with water. Once my filter box is in the...