Recent content by corrado007

1. corrado007

Justin’s 28 gallon JBJ LED Nano Cube

It's been a little over 3 years since I did it, but as I remember, the skimmer came with an adjustment on the body of the skimmer. I tightened down the blue adjustment knob so it was closed and attached a new air line from the pump and ran it to the outside and put a adjustable air line valve on...
  2. corrado007

Re: First shot of the Nano with clear water Hi Brian, I don't have the stock filter basket in there, I tossed it in the garage. I've found that with the live rock, live sand, and clean up crew in the display area and the skimmer, the tank is doing is doing quite well. I haven't found a...
  3. corrado007

Here are a few photos I just took. Hopefully they answer your questions better than my brief explanation did. And by the way, this is the Tunze 9002 w/ an In Tank (Stevie T) cup on it as the stock collection cup is round and requires cutting a round notch in the hood to fit which I didn't want...
  4. corrado007

You cut off the magnet and it is pretty much a perfect fit then for the center chamber. It is just slightly loose in there so I put a simple piece of air line tubing between the skimmer body and the wall of the center chamber to keep the skimmer in there snug. The skimmer also has a water line...
  5. corrado007

Congrats on the new cube! I'm sure you'll love it as I do. My sand is actually sloped from about 2.5 inches in the back to about 1.5 inches in the front. Seems to be doing quite well at that depth. Good luck!
  6. corrado007

Wow, thanks guys, I appreciate the complements. It's quite a fun little project. I am pretty amazed at the Tubbs blue zoas, it started a 3 polyp frag and has just gone wild. I wish everything would go that crazy. :)
  7. corrado007

Smokinjoe's JBJ28 HQI

Yeah, I agree with the above post, you'll want to cut the egg crate. It cuts pretty easy with a set of diagonal cutters. If you try to cut the xenia stalks they WILL grow back. It only takes a speck of that stuff to grow back. In general, I've found that it's best to keep your xenias higher up...
  8. corrado007

Once again, it's been quite a while since I posted an update on my 28 LED Nano so I'll share a few photos I just took. Things are going pretty well with the tank, no major issues. As a matter of fact, I had some really nasty red turf algae a few months back and after a little research found out...
  9. corrado007

What Is Your Favorite Heater?

I had a couple of the Marineland stealth heaters go out on me and I threw them out before the recall was ever put out. I had one left that still worked as well. I called Drs. Foster & Smith where I got them and they credited me for all 3 they had in their system that I bought from them. They...
  10. corrado007

I partially disassembled my LED hood on my 28 Nano today to do a little cleaning and dusting. I started to see little dust bunnies under the glass and plastic light cover so I cracked it open and vacuumed it out, cleaned the glass splash shield, and kept one of the screws out so I can search for...
  11. corrado007

aiptasia

+1 on the peppermint shrimp.
  12. corrado007

Do I have enough room for sump?

Really depends on skimmer you end up with. As long as there is enough room for the collection cup to be removed then you should be good. The skimmer would likely be the tallest thing in there. Also you may want a lamp down there if you make a fuge but that'd be easy enough to fit also. I'd think...
  13. corrado007

Well I suppose it's time for another update. My daughter is finally nearly 5 months old and she's requiring a little less time so I'm taking the opportunity to post a few new pics. Things have been pretty much on standby, just weekly (and sometimes every other week) water changes to keep things...
  14. corrado007

No new photos and as a matter of fact nothing new at all. My wife and I had our first daughter 4 months ago and it's been all I can do to keep the tank running. It's amazing how such a small baby can take so much time and energy. I'm really glad I downsized from my 90 to the 28 in preparation...
  15. corrado007

What Is Your Favorite Heater?

I got this email a few weeks back and thought I'd share it since so many people seem to like these heaters. I'm sure many of you got the same email but I still thought it was relevant info for this thread so here it is: