Recent content by cjrudy

1. C

Help Me I'm Dying !!!

Well its almost completely closed up now. Over the weekend I did a water change, rechecked all parameters, lowered my alk by .5 and tried spot feeding. Nothing worked. May be too late to try removing it.​​
  2. C

Help Me I'm Dying !!!

Strangely, for all the struggles I have had over the years, this little goni has been my rock.
  3. C

Help Me I'm Dying !!!

Well after 3 1/2 years my beloved Red Goniopora may be dying. It went from a tiny frag. To a thriving growing colony. http://youtu.be/YMe1jEzDUz8 And now this. This has happened very slowly over the past month or so, the polyps slowly opening less and less...
  4. C

Selling a house with a tank ?

I live in Buffalo, NY. We have a great local forum on RC. Unfortunately I have been banned multiple times over the years. :yup:
  5. C

Thanks for the input everyone, I think we are leaning toward taking it down. As a few have said , it will raise too many questions. No the question is how many month do I need to sell the coral fish, then tear down and sell everything. We plan to have the house on the market by March 1st 2015
  6. C

My wife and I are relocating to Tampa Florida next year and plan on putting our house on the market early next year. I have a 90 gallon mixed reef with a basement sump and I am wondering whether to keep it up while showing the house, or tear it down prior. I am sure lots of reefers out there...
  7. C

SWC 160 Protein Skimmer

I have upgraded to Vertex Omega 150 so I am selling my SWC 160 Cone Protein Skimmer. This is skimmer did a great job and is perfect for a 55, 75 or lightly stocked 90 gallon. Unfortunately my bio load has gone beyond this skimmer. Skimmer is sitting in a vinegar bath so I have no pictures at...
  8. C

FS: WP40 Motor

Sold Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
  9. C

FS: WP40 Motor

Long story short, I have a brand new WP40 motor that Fish Street sent me. I have since switched to the WP25 so I have no need for it. Great for anyone wanting a backup motor. $40 plus shipping RZ Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
  10. C

Corals suddenly stressed

Day five and corals are looking better especially my Goniopora, gorgonian and hammer. I may have lost a few sps frags but surprisingly my birdsnest colony looks ok. Just finished my 2nd water change in three days, interestingly enough I may have found the cause, a blob at the bottom of the...
  11. C

Corals suddenly stressed

I removed my filter sock there are a lot of extra bubbles to help aeration I don't normally test ammonia but I pulled out an old API tester, not sure how reliable it is but it looks zero to me Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
  12. C

Corals suddenly stressed

Just tested for stray current , reading 0 in the DT and 2 in the sump. So that's not it. After last night's water and carbon change the goniopora and zoas look the same while the hammer and gorginian look slightly better, barely. Frantically making water for another water change tomorrow...
  13. C

Corals suddenly stressed

Nope, and PH has been fine, currently 8.2 Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk