Recent content by Ceradee

1. C

Thought I had QT's properly but....

If you are worried about using more chemicals on your fish, why not just do hypo salinity in QT? You are taking all of the fish out anyway and hypo would avoid any medications. Just a thought; good luck!
  2. C

Bristle worm + Aiptasia-X = dead bristle worm

Well you are welcome to mine, I still have a cautious, 14" at least, monster living in the rock behind my open brain. I have watched it actually pull good from the coral's mouth! These also seem to be mostly of the Caribbean fireworm variety and are not welcome in the cuc of my reef tank!
  3. C

Green banded goby spawned, how do I take care of the babies?

I have two green banded gobies in a 10g nano tank. They have spawned twice now, but I never see the babies for more than a couple of days. Does anyone have some advice for how to take care of the babies? Thanks! Here is one of the parents: Baby fish under dissecting scope:
  4. C

Help! I think my coral is dying!

Well, I think the crisis ha ended. Here is how my coral looks today, much better and on the mend.
  5. C

Bristle worm + Aiptasia-X = dead bristle worm

http://youtu.be/WhtjP2KHaoQ I found by happy accident today that Aiptasia-X will kill bristle worms, or at least make them easy to catch. I have had a couple of monster worms in my tank that have eluded capture for months, and they have been stealing food from my corals, so they needed to go! I...
  6. C

What is this snail without a shell?

I have two of those in my tank right now, one is black and one is white. Are they the same thing? Sometimes they even seem to hang out together!
  7. C

Has anyone seen a brain do this before

There may have been something irritating it at the base, maybe something that was on the live rock, and the coral engaged in some digestive warfare with it. Did you look at what was going on underneath the whole thing or just leave it in place? Probably best not to move it, but I would be...
  8. C

Thanks for the advice, I think that I have figured out what happened. When I added the open brain coral, I moved some rock work around and I saw some goopy slime in one of the little crevices. I think that this goop may have been the decomposing remains of my royal gramma, whom I have not...
  9. C

After some more thought, I think that it was a digestive war brought on by stress, although it seems strange to me that it would attack its own tissue. The larger coral still looks really bad and I think that it is a goner, but the little one has rallied and even ate some silver side this...
  10. C

I am in total panic mode! I have two lobophyllia corals that were doing great until last night, now they have exuded a ton of white stringy stuff and appear to be dying. I moved some rock work around yesterday in order to place a red open brain that I got for free from the LFS because it was...
  11. C

Xenia growing or dying?

Haha, yeah. I got it as a starter coral and it has stayed pretty isolated so far, but I think I am now heading into growth spurt time. I have avoided Gsp for that same reason, but ended up with some hitch hiking on a mushroom frag and it is quickly spreading lol. The cat loves the tank and all...
  12. C

Xenia growing or dying?

Update, took some new photos and video this morning http://youtu.be/WZNLMtki1YQ
  13. C

Xenia growing or dying?

Thanks for the response! That is the filter output and the Xenia seem to love it! They actually moved so that they would be more in the direct flow and lean toward it when I move it away. Not sure if this is normal or if they don't know what is good for them. Opening up hasn't been an issue, I...
  14. C

Xenia growing or dying?

Haha, great idea! I am starting a new nano downstairs, so maybe I will try to get them to attach to some rubble in the refugium so that i can move them. I don't really want them floating randomly, real estate is pretty tight in their tank right now.
  15. C

Xenia growing or dying?

Thanks! What should I do with them if the tops pop off?