1. burlybear

National Geographic Moment

Cool. BurlyBear
  2. burlybear

Can my back up water go stale?

Good to know. BurlyBear
  3. burlybear

Refugium update

Interesting design, I don’t think I have ever seen a refugium that is above the tank. BurlyBear
  4. burlybear

Picked up our new tank today

Congratulations! BurlyBear
  5. burlybear

My 34 Gallon Seahorse and Macro Tank!

The fry look great. BurlyBear
  6. burlybear

Difference between a 1 inch or a 3-4 inch sand bed

I know that either a 1 inch or 3-4 inch sand bed is recommended but what is the difference between the two? Are there any advantages or disadvantages to either setup? Also I have heard that 1 pound of sand per gallon of water is good ratio, would you agree with this? Thanks for taking the time...
  7. burlybear

New Queen Trigger pics

Great photos. BurlyBear
  8. burlybear

My 34 Gallon Seahorse and Macro Tank!

The seahorses look great. Good luck with the fry. BurlyBear
  9. burlybear

Confused about how to attach coral to live rock

This may be a stupid question, but how to you attach coral to live rock? From what I have seen from different websites coral is sold on some kind of base that can be different depending on where you get it. So how is this base attached to your live rock? Do you use wire ties or underwater epoxy...
  10. burlybear

Anyone ever bitten by a trigger?

That's great I think I would freak too. BurlyBear
  11. burlybear

What precautions do YOU take when inside your tank?

Do you need the gloves for coral or it necessary for a FOWLR too? Thanks, BurlyBear
  12. burlybear

? about chaeto

Good to know. BurlyBear
  13. burlybear

What do you put in your refugiums?

I know some people grow algae in their refugiums but should you also include live rock & sand? What type of lighting (ex. Metal halide or T5s) should you use for your refugium if you do want to cultivate algae? Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, BurlyBear :dryer:
  14. burlybear

Best places online to buy a tank?

Thanks for the advice. BurlyBear
  15. burlybear

Hello

Hello everyone, I am BurlyBear and I'm new to saltwater fish keeping. Growing up I kept fresh water fish but got rid of my tank when I went to college. I have started doing some research and am planning on getting a tank sometime in the next few months. I live in St. Augustine, Fl and work for...