Recent content by BrianCM

1. BrianCM

I'm considering a pistol shrimp...

I had my goby in the tank about two months before I put in the shrimp. They paired up instantly.
  2. BrianCM

I'm considering a pistol shrimp...

I hate that video! It gives people the wrong idea about pistol shrimp. As long as you stay to the decorative pistol shrimp you are fine. I have a tiger pistol shrimp with my yellow watchmen goby. You could also do a candy cane. I would stay away from the ugly ones (not always). Those are ones...
  3. BrianCM

Scenes from a softie reef.....LOTS of pics

Love the yellowwatchmen! Nice variety of corals!
  4. BrianCM

Lettuce Nudibranch vs Yellow Wrasse

I have a yellow coris wrasse and he doesn't bother any thing. If they are bigger then 1/2" I would say your ok.
  5. BrianCM

Anemone Club!

Thanks guys for the comments. It took me a long time to get it that way. i rescued it from a fellow reefer who got sick of it moving around so he threw it in his sump with NO light! It took me about 5 months to noticed he did this. SO I took it home when it had only 1-2 tentacles left.
  6. BrianCM

Anemone Club!

Here is mine
  7. BrianCM

SPS CoRaLs-ORA Tort, Monti's and more

Can you trade for a slipper coral? http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/livestock-sale-trade/28766-slipper-coral-sale.html
  8. BrianCM

Slipper coral for sale

I am switching to sps. So there is too much flow in the tank right now for the slipper.I also got rid of all of my large leathers. If any one has some SPS frags they are willing to trade let me know.
  9. BrianCM

Slipper coral for sale

I have a large slipper coral for sale. I will ship at buyers expense. $40
  10. BrianCM

how low is to low with hypo salinity

Are you treating your tang? If so do not use copper. Tangs are very sensitive to copper. They have very delicate immune systems. Use hypo, garlic, quarantine.
  11. BrianCM

Big Diatom Problem

You are not giving us much info. What are your water parameters. What is your lighting cycle? What is your filtration? What is your flow? And you said the tank was set up for 12 hours? Or is that how long you have had the lights on the tank? What is your clean up crew? Do you have a sump? You...
  12. BrianCM

Fuge light

I would add some kind of light until you light arrives.
  13. BrianCM

My 40 breeder

Just wanted to share a pic of my 40 breeder.
  14. BrianCM

Dumb QT questions

Put some PVC in there.