Recent content by BoomerD

1. BoomerD

Married a long time

Sorry I missed this. I don't get here very often anymore. Belated Happy Anniversary from another old ball & chain wearer. We celebrated 34 years this past June. Who'd have guessed that it would be a life sentence? :ofr: I tell people all the time (when asked) that I've been married since...
  2. BoomerD

bernie mac

Sadly, he was joined in death today by Isaac Hayes.
  3. BoomerD

Ot: E85

Using food to make fuel is a HORRIBLE idea. Not only does it directly impact the price of food by making corn more expensive ANY by removing food-grade corn from the marketplace, it takes a LOT of fuel to process that corn into fuel-grade alcohol. Most of the things I read say it uses MORE fuel...
  4. BoomerD

OT:Heliuxs new Venting Thread

Sadly, she's more or less right. The crap sold as "live sand" really isn't any better than Southdown or any other dry aragonite sand. The tiny bit of bacteria that may have been contained in those bags won't make a whole helluva lot of difference in the health of a tank, and depending on how...
  5. BoomerD

Just Married!!!!

Don't forget pics of teh sexay bridesmaids...:D
  6. BoomerD

OT: How's the weather?

We're back to the upper 90's to around 100. It was supposed to be 103 for tomorrow and Saturday, but it looks like they've downgraded that to "only" 99...boy am I relieved!
  7. BoomerD

OT: Let's SAVE Windows XP

That's a friend's page...He took many of the things I told him and called them BoomerD-isms...then made a webpage for them. (whodah is an occasional member here)
  8. BoomerD

We've ended up with some of the surplus from your monsoons. No rain (yet) but lots of clouds and cooler weather. Yesterday is the first day in weeks we haven't had to run the A/C. (but we should have...got to 81 in the house. <sweat>) This morning, it was in the mid-50's when I got up, and it's...
  9. BoomerD

:: :: Who Dah? knows... ::
  10. BoomerD

Becky...make up your mind. Just the other day, you were HOPING for rain... Sheesh...yer acting just like a grrrrl. :dunce:
  11. BoomerD

Nah, I'm not "cool enough" to own a Mac...:D
  12. BoomerD

Al, there are quite a few "Boomerd-ism's" floating around teh intarwebs... I bumped this back up, because as I write this, (on my XP Pro laptop) I'm in the process of installing Vista Ultimate on my desktop. So far, the only issues I've had are that my old Soundblaster Live! sound card won't...
  13. BoomerD

Well, this is just getting boring...temps in the mid-90's predicted for the next week. What I wouldn't give for some thundershowers and rain...
  14. BoomerD

Ah come on little bit, "bust" me in the mouth...I dare ya...:D It's pretty nice here in NorCal. Highs in the mid 90's, lows in the upper=50's to lower 60's. Still a bit too warm for my tastes, but, not too bad.
  15. BoomerD

Passing of a combat Veteran

Paul, that's something I cut out of my sunday paper back in 2001. I scanned it into my computer and use it all the time. I've owned several non-American cars, (drove BMW's on/off for 30+ years) but the only rice-burner I've ever owned is a Datsun pick-up my Father-in-law got stuck with when he...