1. B

What motivates you?

Simply because it's amazing.
  2. B

Tooting my own horn

That's some good work, keep it up!
  3. B

How do you run your circulation

I have two tunze streams pushing 1800 GPH a piece, with a multi-controller for wave-making. Along with a mag 36 in my sump.
  4. B

The dream is taking shape

John- that Mag 36 should quiet down in a few weeks. I got one about two months ago and when I first installed it I thought it would be untolerable. I gave it a few weeks and the break-in period helped immensely with noise and the vibration.
  5. B

Tunze stream 6080

I have two of the streams with 4-5" DSB. It took a while but I finally have them running at full tilt. My tank was fairly new when I added them so I think that contributed to the "break-in period"
  6. B

does home depot sell silicon?

I think Household Goo is prefable to the silicone. It seems to bond to the acrylic better when assembling a sump (if thats what you are using). No ill side-effects either.
  7. B

Help Ritteri Not Opening

He might be adjusting to the different type of lighting you have in your tank versus what the LFS had him under. It usually takes 7-10 days for my stuff to adjust to my MH, because my LFS keeps all their livestock under power compacts. I'd try getting him some shade under some rocks and slowly...
  8. B

Tunze barbelles

I run two of the streams in my 150 with 4" DSB. It took a while to break my tank into them but them but now they are running at full tilt (over 3000 GPH). I remember when I first turned them on it really stirred up a storm. ON the 120 g I'm building for a friend we went with the turbelles to...
  9. B

This is what happens!!!

Nice development, keeps this hobby rewarding!!
  10. B

I need SAND!

Thanks for the help, I 'll be checking into all the options. I just did the math and I need about 600 lbs. for all the projects I have going. I bet shipping would hurt the old pocket book.
  11. B

I need SAND!

I am looking for a couple hundred pounds of Aragonite sand. A couple of friends from the site got theirs from a company on the east coast. They got a great looking stuff and the price was way cheaper than what I paid at the LFS. They recieved their reference from the sight but we are unable...
  12. B

XMs on Crack!!!

I've been running my 20K XM for about six months-haven't had a problem with them. Definitely take six to eight weeks for them to break in. Hope they can rally a little longer cause I'm still trying to replumb my sump and add a refuge and I could use the cash.
  13. B

Adding Yellow Tailed damsels

i'd definitely take witfull's advise and go with the fairy wrasses. Plus they way cooler (usually more expensive too) and won't mess with what you already have going on. Not worth the destruction they could cause for a $10 fish.
  14. B

New 450 SPS tank

I think thats out of my price range. I'll just live through your dream tank. Looking good.
  15. B

Amazing reef!

I want one!