Recent content by Bald Eagle1

1. Bald Eagle1

Quick Qustion on a tang.

Exactly my point, I''m glad you agree. Properly taken care of, they are gorgeous. the key is doing research, like you suggested.
  2. Bald Eagle1

Quick Qustion on a tang.

I would advise against having a Powder Blue Tang, if this is your first one, they stress easy, and right on the heels of stress, comes Ich. A very beautiful fish, needs lots of swimming space. If you get one, be sure its had plenty of time to acclimate to captivity and its eating well. JMHO
  3. Bald Eagle1

Moving your fish and corals a long distance

Great advice, unfortunately, I've had to move my tanks(2 250 gl reef tanks) with my furniture on a one way trip from state to state. (12h hrs) in a moving truck. Using tubs and conserving as much as you can of your existing water, as well as aeration and temp control are very important. I used...
  4. Bald Eagle1

The benefits of detritus.

Avery nice looking tank indeed.
  5. Bald Eagle1

Tampa Bay Live Rock

From my personal experience, its a given, if you get live rock from fL. chances are you get a free mantis shrimp as a bonus.
  6. Bald Eagle1

72g bowfront build

I'm glad you posted the close ups of the rock work, looks awesome.
  7. Bald Eagle1

72g bowfront build

Please do, and some closeups of the reef itself as well. they also have a section just for that so you can document everything you do as your tank progresses.
  8. Bald Eagle1

Fragging - Do I have a problem?

Thank you, and you're right about that.
  9. Bald Eagle1

72g bowfront build

Its looking really good. Looks like you put a lot of thought into it.
  10. Bald Eagle1

New Guy On Deck

Welcome to RS. there are some very good guys/gals here with a lot of experience.
  11. Bald Eagle1

What's going on with my favia?

Its possible it might have gotten bumped, if it did and some of the tissue was torn, it might have developed a bacterial infection. I've had this happen in one or two of my corals before. Hopefully some of the great folks on here can chime in with some thoughts and remedies.
  12. Bald Eagle1

New to Reefing

Welcome, glad to have you aboard, there are some very helpul people on this forum.
  13. Bald Eagle1

Fragging - Do I have a problem?

I have joined the addiction, I have just set up my Frag tank, its cycling as we speak. soon I hope to be counting like you guys are. Egg crate is being purchased tomorrow.
  14. Bald Eagle1

Cleaning Rock . .

Bald Eagle1 thanks for your input. I'm not worried about this rock drying out in the process because it's going to be going into Long-Term storage anyway. It may be a year or more before I need/use it. In that case, strike what I said, long term storage is a whole different thing. I would...
  15. Bald Eagle1

The benefits of detritus.

I completely agree, you cant have a functioning eco-system in a sterile tank.