Recent content by Aquaman1

1. Aquaman1

Ecoxotic one touch controller. Anyone using one??

Wouldn't it have made more sense to Be able to control the times you want by simply adding a on time desired and off time? It's like they wanted to make a fancy remote full of stupid buttons that will never get used. Once a photoperiod is set I think it's pretty safe to say most people stick...
  2. Aquaman1

Hey thanks for the reply and taking the time to respond and looking into the product! I guess I can trick the controller but the math just hurts my head LOL. Sent from iphone using auto correct! Can't you tell!?
  3. Aquaman1

I am guilty of not doing 100% research on this thing and now I'm having buyers remorse. When reading descriptions it seems great! However, the more I look into it. They suck. Is there a way to set the times on and off to what I want? Or do I have to use there designated on and off times...
  4. Aquaman1

Leather Placement

Bigger tank wouldn't work unless it's a 400 gallon LOL. I read these things get huge! In the wild like 50 pounders ! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Aquaman1

Help me out here please. Water parameters

I'm having a brain fart but it's suppose to test 12 parameters and suppose to give a read out or something. Coming out next year. Based on a light system or something. Estimated price of $600 is steep but we reefers live gadgets LOL. My alk has been just below 7 and 6.7 is not too bad but...
  6. Aquaman1

I test PH in the AM around 11 when lights been off for 12 hours and it's about 7.7 Later on around 2200 hours it will reach 8.0 roughly. It's weird my dKH on the batch tested 1200 yet I have 1215 this morning. Could be off by a bit though I suppose. I really hope that new water tester will...
  7. Aquaman1

Hey thanks for the replies ! Salinity is tested using a calibrated JBJ ATC refractometer. I have actually been pretty lucky with That for consistency it's was 36 PPT but with only CUC. Now it's been stable at 1.026 (35 PPT) I was also using a seachem marine test kit. And seachem reef test...
  8. Aquaman1

Ok. I've done a few water changes. Nov 28 15% Dec 3 10% Dec 6 15% Dec 11 15% Dec 13 15% Those water changes were done in a attempt to lower nitrate, stabilize PH, raise magnesium, raise dKH and calcium has been fine. Yesterday I did one because I had a little torch head frag die and I...
  9. Aquaman1

My Red Sea max 130. Nothing to brag about LOL. U

10. Aquaman1

My Red Sea max 130. Nothing to brag about LOL. U

Hello folks. Here's me current state. All parameters are great and I'm keeping my water changes at 15% and frequent. I have my pair of percula clowns (CB) Small zoa colony Small torch Frogspawn with about 11 heads Baby toadstool Cleaner shrimp and various snails. Sent from my...
  11. Aquaman1

Red sea 650 for sale

If I lived in Arkansas and had $5000 I would love that tank! Unfortunately I'm in Canada and broke LOL. Great tank! Hers a bump for ya :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Aquaman1

Parameters. Can someone tell me what this means?

Hey thanks for the reply! I have a few pounds of live rock but started with 40-50 pounds of dry. So eventually my tank will have 53 ish pounds of live rock. I'm hoping anyways. I just can't believe the numbers LOL. People say it takes a month or months to cycle. So confused. Maybe the shrimp...
  13. Aquaman1

Parameters. Can someone tell me what this means?

These have been my Tests. Using seachem. Started on day 8 and here is where I'm at. What does this mean ? It's not a typical cycle stage Tank parameters November 18, 2013 Day 8. Lights 1700-2300 hours Temp 80-81.5. Heater off. Fan on PH 8.0 Alk 3.5 Nitrite 0.5-1 Nitrate 2.0 Phos 0.2...
  14. Aquaman1

R/O DI unit any recommendations

So far mine seems good. PSI range of 40-60PSI which isn't hard to do. Look them up. Mine has 5 stages.
  15. Aquaman1

This is my beginner build thread RSM 130 :).

Talking about dimming :). I gotta look into the exoxotic controller. Apparently they sunrise sun set and and have din days to replicate cloudy days. Pretty neat! I'm getting one !