Recent content by aphelps17

1. A

Matts 500 gallon funhouse

What's up Matt? I just stopped by here for a second to tell you that those frags you sold me are doing great, thanks again. Also you should let me know the next time you have some frogspawn and acans fragged. Talking about debauchery is all academic, so lets get wasted and break something...
  2. A

Whippetguy's 16g Nano Tank

Your tank looks great man.
  3. A

aphelps17's 14 gal bio cube

I took a few pics of the new corals I received. I think this favia is my favorite, does anybody know what the name of it is? I named him Benny the bicolor blenny, here he is in his summer home Benny spends most of his time in his hole in rock mansion right in the center of the tank.
  4. A

I took a few pics of the new corals I received. I think this favia is my favorite, does anybody know what the name of it is? I named him Benny the bicolor blenny, here he is in his summer home Benny spends most of his time in his hole in rock mansion right in the center of the tank.
  5. A

Starting my biocube 14 up

The piece of live rock should seed the sand, I didn't use live sand for my cube. Hey what type of biocube do you have, is it the oceanic or one of the newer ones?
  6. A

Thanks a lot guys. I figured the answer to that question would be water changes haha. Thanks Matt i'll definitely have to invest in a bottle of that eventually.
  7. A

Welcome, also I like the spelling of your name my room mates name is Owen as well.
  8. A

feeding your corals

Great thread, I feel like I learned a lot.
  9. A

Didn't realize how important a refractometer was

I didn't realize how important they are either until I read a post on here about needing one. This is the one I bought incredibly cheep and effective for the cost. Refractometer for reading salinity w/ Free Calibration fluid - Bulk Reef Supply
  10. A

How to Frag Maxi Mini Anemones video

That's great bass!
  11. A

Snowflake Clownfish Breeding Project

The fish look gorgeous. Btw is that a rat or other rodent cage in the background?
  12. A

Whippetguy's 16g Nano Tank

I have a bi-color blenny in my tank. He has taken up residence in a hole in my LR that's right in the center of the tank. He sits up there and watches everything that goes on in his tank as well as the living room. I bet that if there was a piece of barnacle in there he would live in it. I...
  13. A

Honestly man I was planning on buying frags from you if possible. Petco can't beat your colors, heath or variety. What do you use to dip the Kent Lugol's Solution? Also do you guys recommend using any kind of reef accelerator like the one made by instant ocean or would you recommend just...
  14. A

[/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG]
  15. A

I started cycling my tank on June 16th. It has been up and running for a little over two months now. Ammonia and Nitrite are at zero and the nitrate is around 10ppm or a little less. I added a bi-color blenny and a lady at the LFS gave me a single polyp head about a week ago to see if I could...