Red Sea Monster 2000L+ in-Wall System

PIMPALA

Do you not plan on keeping small snails and hermits in the tank for a CUC? Shrimp? anything?

If you do, that trigger is gonna snack on every single one of them.

Juan,

This takes a little time but worked well for me.

RSM296.jpg

rotflmao, that was one pissed tang. :)

Sorry about the setbacks!

-JOHN

1357HA

It was nice meeting with you and had a little chat...
Congrats for the new comers... Really good choices...
Will enjoy pics of all of them, I know you will post some for us... Jejejeje... Or maybe a little video....
I know you are doing your best for all your fish, you have spent a lot of time and money so I guess some times you just have to relax and enjoy, taking risks is something that you just can't avoid some times. Also some desitions will not be the best for everyone but it has to work for you, this will guive you peace of mind.
Enjoy that great system you have!

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
I love the trigger Juan, I wish you all the best with your new additions whichever way you go. I wish I could offer some advice but fortunately I have no experience with ich. You have invested so much time and money into your great system so hang in there, you will get it sorted.

Funlad3

"There ain't any more fun in this, stressing out and not even getting a good night sleep because of the tank problems is ridiculous."

I know exactly how it feels. I'm very difficult to upset, or even to make remotely unhappy. When my tank had its plague, I smiled not once. It was crazy.

May we all pray to the great and mighty Robzilla on behalf of your fish Juan, and if He hears our prayers, may he spare your fish and force them to thrive and any remaining parasites to die of 1,000 agonies. And it will be good, and many a head of cattle shall be slaughtered. Huzzah!

Robzilla

Dude not fair. That's a lot of pressure! Juan, you have all my powers directed to your tank. I hope my powers are strong enough...you live pretty far away.

jpsika08

Did you try the flashlight method?

Thanks Scott, yes, did that without any luck :(
But thank you again for the tip.

Juan, spare you all the hassle and use ozone in your skimmer. I know you are afraid because of your kids, but the tech room for your tank is seperated and it can be ventilate knowing you. I am running on my 130D currently 25mg/h ozone and I don't smell anything and no harm to the fish and corals.
Don't get me wrong now, I know you care about your tank enormously, but from what I read here lately, you are fiddling too much with the tank. Number one rule in marine water aquaristic: Keep your hands out off the tank! Every time you try and catch the fish, it is stress for them.
I would use ozone, lower temperature to around 24 C and feed food supplemented with vitamines. The higher temps helps the Ich spread. Sorry if I sounded harsh and maybe smarty pants now.

Thank you very much Mischko, followed your advice of keeping my hands out of the tank, did this all weekend after the last fish catching attempt.
Also, I have been introducing Vitamins I bought from Kent Marine (Marine C), also into the QT's.

Oh my. Fishtank envy has kicked in hard.

Hey Matt, thank for you stopping by. :)

Do you not plan on keeping small snails and hermits in the tank for a CUC? Shrimp? anything?

If you do, that trigger is gonna snack on every single one of them.

Thanks Jason, I didn't know that :(
Do you think he will do this even with good feeding?
Also, as the Stomatella Snails are populating my tank quickly (They began on the fuge but now are all over the DT) it can provide some food to him.

Juan,

This takes a little time but worked well for me.

RSM296.jpg

rotflmao, that was one pissed tang. :)

Sorry about the setbacks!

-JOHN

Thank John, LOL, he must have been really pissed off for sure. :)

thats exactly how I trapped my trigger too. lol

It was nice meeting with you and had a little chat...
Congrats for the new comers... Really good choices...
Will enjoy pics of all of them, I know you will post some for us... Jejejeje... Or maybe a little video....
I know you are doing your best for all your fish, you have spent a lot of time and money so I guess some times you just have to relax and enjoy, taking risks is something that you just can't avoid some times. Also some desitions will not be the best for everyone but it has to work for you, this will guive you peace of mind.
Enjoy that great system you have!

Thank you very much Harold, it was nice seeing you again, congrats on the new Flame Hawk, he is a great fish with lots of personality.
I will post pics and/or video of the fish today once I finish installing the lights over the QT's.

I love the trigger Juan, I wish you all the best with your new additions whichever way you go. I wish I could offer some advice but fortunately I have no experience with ich. You have invested so much time and money into your great system so hang in there, you will get it sorted.

Thank you very much Leigh, :)

"There ain't any more fun in this, stressing out and not even getting a good night sleep because of the tank problems is ridiculous."

I know exactly how it feels. I'm very difficult to upset, or even to make remotely unhappy. When my tank had its plague, I smiled not once. It was crazy.

May we all pray to the great and mighty Robzilla on behalf of your fish Juan, and if He hears our prayers, may he spare your fish and force them to thrive and any remaining parasites to die of 1,000 agonies. And it will be good, and many a head of cattle shall be slaughtered. Huzzah!

LOL, thank you Funlad, I have began feeling Rob's super powers over here, :D

Dude not fair. That's a lot of pressure! Juan, you have all my powers directed to your tank. I hope my powers are strong enough...you live pretty far away.

And the powers are beginning to fall on us, yes Rob, they have reached us, even crusading over the tropical storms LOL, thanks :D

jpsika08

Well, here is a quick review of what I did and the route I'm taking,

First, I bought these fish,

1. Blue Throat Triggerfish and he is in one QT
2. Flame Dwarf Angel and he is in one QT
3. Starry Blenny he is in one QT sharing it with the Flame Dwarf Angel
4. Two Barred Rabbitfish, he is in one QT
5. Six, Pseudoanthias Lori, AKA Tiger King they are in the 50gal QT
6. Diamond Goby, he went after acclimating into the DT (Yes, no QT here), I know they can get Ick but much more hardier against it. Since I introduced him, he has done like three different nesting places, he loves doing ManCaves for hanging out.

Also, the Multicolor Dwarf which was at the QT (Over 4 weeks) Went into the DT, this guy is funny, all the time I approached the DT he rushed swimming near me and followed as like trying to say "thank you for putting me into the DT again" LOL, he has been swimming around, and having a good time.

Also, took the decision on getting a monster UV for the DT, I'm going to buy the Emperor Aquatics 80watt unit based on Steve's (Steved13) recommendation, this is design for 600 gallons, I know UV doesn't kill Ick, hence, only copper or hiposalinity does, but what I'm sure it will do is controlling the population of this parasite, which will stress less the fish in case of an outbreak.

God forbids a major outbreak, but if it comes to that, well, fish are going to have to be removed, even if it means using a 400gal container on my garden to remove water from here. (Fingers Crossed I don't have to do this ever).

catran

Congrats on all your new fish. Hope everyone is doing well. "The Rob's" powers will help you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

steved13

PREMIUM
Juan, keep it fun!!!!

May The Rob, be with you!!

And I know from scripture, if you truly want the help of The Rob...You need to post some pics!!!

Funlad3

"(Fingers Crossed I don't have to do this ever)"

Well, be talking about the elephant in the room, we are hopefully killing it! If it did come to "this", at least you'd be able to get to 1 million views on youtube!

And yes Steve! We don't need to sacrifice heads of cattle! We must sacrifice many a great picture. I'll start a benefit thread!

Mischko

Our Rob who art in tank,
Hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done in our tanks, as it in filter sumps.
Give us today our daily Calcium.
And forgive us our overfeeding.
As we forgive those hair algae against us.
And lead us not into overdosing,
But deliver us from Phosphate.
For Thine is the Ph,
The power and the glory,
Forever,
Amen

I sure end up in hell, but what the heck ;-)

dmatt88

Our Rob who art in tank,
Hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
For Thine is the Ph,
The power and the glory,
Forever,
Amen

I feel like I need to go to confession. Now go say 12 hail maryobs n 4 our robfathers.
Hope the catholic reference catches on.

Sent from Matts DROID x using Tapatalk

Robzilla

Our Rob who art in tank,
Hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
For Thine is the Ph,
The power and the glory,
Forever,
Amen

That was clever lol! I don't remember how this whole "The Rob" thing started but I might be there right next to you...

I feel like I need to go to confession. Now go say 12 hail maryobs n 4 our robfathers.
Hope the catholic reference catches on.

Sent from Matts DROID x using Tapatalk

Yup I got it. I was kinda forced into 12 years of Catholic School.