Red Sea Monster 2000L+ in-Wall System

Stretch

Has been struck by the ban stick
Those tiger queen anthias have my vote!! Very cool looking fish!! They all are as a matter of fact!

sent from Stretch's DROID X using Tapatalk

JGard911

I am kind of upset with Juans hospital tank setup. I thought that was where a bed could go when we visit Guatemala and stay at "Juans Fish Hotel".

jpsika08

Just remember, I need my pix fix!

Soon my dear friend, soon :D
But, new video coming up of the new fish in QT :)

Those tiger queen anthias have my vote!! Very cool looking fish!! They all are as a matter of fact!

sent from Stretch's DROID X using Tapatalk

Stretch, I got the Tiger Queen Anthias (Pseudoanthias Lori), BEAUTIFUL FISH!!! they are about 4 inches, tomorrow I will go get them from LFS.

+1 on Flame Dwarf Angel.

Also my next addition !!

Vlado, thanks, tomorrow he is coming home :)

I am kind of upset with Juans hospital tank setup. I thought that was where a bed could go when we visit Guatemala and stay at "Juans Fish Hotel".

LOL, I still got room to place you in the Hammock at the Pergola in front of the DT if you want :D

jpsika08

Well guys, first some news that I'm probably going to be fired against because of, fish will not go out of the tank, I have done tried and tried without success, they are eating well, I was measuring the Chromis and they have grown almost an inch, clowns as well have grown lots more bigger, more than a month from the incident and no signs of Crypto so no need to keep stressing them, so with this, I'm taking the decision to re-introduce the Multicolor Angel to the DT as he has been in QT more than 4 weeks now (Running to take cover now...:scram:)

On second news, I bought all fish, and yes, all of them into 4 week QT:
Here is what I got,

6 Tiger Queen Anthias
1 Triggerfish Blue Throat
1 Dwarf Flame Angel
1 Starry Blenny
1 Red Stripe Dwarf Angel Fish

The anthias will go all into the 50 Gal QT Tank
The Triggerfish Blue throat will got into one 20 gal alone
The Dwarf Flame Angel and Starry Blenny will go into one 20 Gal together
The Red Stripe Dwarf Angel Fish will go into 20 gal QT alone

And here is a video of the Trigger Fish which came home with me today.
[YOUTUBE]HhxgOumB6xs[/YOUTUBE]

He was nervous at first, but after 40 min acclimation he was doing better, also I poured into all QT tanks Vitamin C from Kent marine so it can help spike immune system.

Any comments more than welcome :)

Dweezil

Juan ~ Leave some fish for the rest of us :) I'm hoping the 2 dwarf angels do okay together in your tank.
Everything I have ever read says you should not keep more than 1 dwarf angel together. However, since your tank is so big maybe it won't be a problem.
Looking forward to seeing all the other beauties. :)

jpsika08

Juan ~ Leave some fish for the rest of us :) I'm hoping the 2 dwarf angels do okay together in your tank.
Everything I have ever read says you should not keep more than 1 dwarf angel together. However, since your tank is so big maybe it won't be a problem.
Looking forward to seeing all the other beauties. :)

Thank you Tammy! I know, as the tank it's big I think they will be ok, enough spots for each to hang out.
Anyway if I see any bad behavior from the Dwarf's well, the biggest troublemaker will have to go.

Nice addition Juan.

Very nice Juan!

Thanks Steve and Terry :D

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
Juan, best of luck when you add the new additions... Hopefully the ich was abducted by aliens? Sorry to sound so cynical, but I'm willing to bet on the outcome of this... Again though, good luck!

gimmito

Juan,

I too fear the dreaded ich is still present in your system. The remaining fish my have just dealt with it and developed a resistance to it. Best wishes w/the new additions. Do you know the sexes of the angels ? You might want to use the acclimate in the tank for a few days with the flame angel to see how the bi color responds. I personally would have loved to have seen a trio of the bi color angels. =) I think 6-8 anthias make for a great display and I hope all goes well with the Lori's anthias. +1 on the blue throat trigger...one of my favorites.

Did you freshwater dip w/metheleyne blue by the way ?

Mischko

Without wanting to scare you Juan, the Ich is present in your tank as in any other tank regardles if you ever had an outbreak of Ich or not. There is no tank not having Ich. As I said before Ich is comparable to Herpes, not from a medical/biological aspect, but as in having it. It breaks out e. g. caused by stress in us humans, too.
Ich is mostly a secondary desease which breaks out when the fish and its immune system is already weakened e. g. by stress, too. What is a good way to reduce Ich and its swarmers is to use ozone in the skimmer.

jpsika08

Thanks guys,
I don't want to start a Crypto discussion.

1. I'm up to my head trying to catch the fish, maybe I'm too dumb and fish too smart; only solutions would be,
A. Remove water from the DT until fish are easy to scoop, problem is I can't get a 400 gallon container, won't even fit my door step and using a crane again is out of the question.
B. Using the Acclimate Trap mode, as it's transparent it would be easier, fish won't go in there even using food with garlic.
C .Using the raptor method which consists of pulling fish out while they are at sleep, problem is, they sleep in the rocks so this is not possible.

2. Get a very tough UV Sterilizer, thinking of the Emperor Aquatics 80Watt unit which treats 600 gallons, will this remove Ich? No, Will my fish will be unharmed by crypto due to the UV? No, but at the end I can control the population of Ich and not let it go out of control.

There ain't any more fun in this, stressing out and not even getting a good night sleep because of the tank problems is ridiculous.

Will let you know which decision I took, if to get the new fish or remove the actual ones, can't do both.

Mischko

Juan, spare you all the hassle and use ozone in your skimmer. I know you are afraid because of your kids, but the tech room for your tank is seperated and it can be ventilate knowing you. I am running on my 130D currently 25mg/h ozone and I don't smell anything and no harm to the fish and corals.
Don't get me wrong now, I know you care about your tank enormously, but from what I read here lately, you are fiddling too much with the tank. Number one rule in marine water aquaristic: Keep your hands out off the tank! Every time you try and catch the fish, it is stress for them.
I would use ozone, lower temperature to around 24 C and feed food supplemented with vitamines. The higher temps helps the Ich spread. Sorry if I sounded harsh and maybe smarty pants now.